Samsung Galaxy S III to Hit March 13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
US launches always seem to lag at least 3-6 months from Euro launches....they're announcing the Galaxy Note at the super bowl in February when it's been available overseas for a few months :p

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]kenyee[/nom]US launches always seem to lag at least 3-6 months from Euro launches....they're announcing the Galaxy Note at the super bowl in February when it's been available overseas for a few months :p[/citation]

There was a report done and it showed that EU reviewers tend to give a higher score than a US review. Unfortunately i can't find the link at the moment (at work) but i'll have a look later on and post it here if i can find it.

Perhaps thats the reasoning behind it?

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Goldengoose[/nom]There was a report done and it showed that EU reviewers tend to give a higher score than a US review. Unfortunately i can't find the link at the moment (at work) but i'll have a look later on and post it here if i can find it.Perhaps thats the reasoning behind it?[/citation]

possible. though phone as phones are sold unsubsidized in most of europe it is also likely they make more.profit per phone sold there as big telecom here in the us likely pays less per phone so first shipments follow the money. reviews woudl be interesting as well i'll look for a link as well

ibboard

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
[citation][nom]kenyee[/nom]US launches always seem to lag at least 3-6 months from Euro launches....they're announcing the Galaxy Note at the super bowl in February when it's been available overseas for a few months :p[/citation]
Makes a change to the US getting films, games and most other stuff 3-6 months in advance, eh? ;)

I'm guessing the article means "March 13th" rather than "March 2013", although I wasn't sure at first.

The phone on the left looks bricky and ugly. The one on the right isn't bad, but it looks like they're going for "too big" again. It is good how they appear to have trimmed the case and got more screen and less dead space. That said, I'll stick with my Galaxy Ace - still plenty of screen space on there for most things.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Goldengoose[/nom]There was a report done and it showed that EU reviewers tend to give a higher score than a US review. Unfortunately i can't find the link at the moment (at work) but i'll have a look later on and post it here if i can find it.Perhaps thats the reasoning behind it?[/citation]
Could also be because the EU market has more customers (502 million vs 313 million), a higher GDP in total and per head of population and a larger number of vendors to sign exclusivity deals with, just saying, if I was a cell phone provider I would launch in the market with the most money too.

G

Hey duds" turkey is not in europe or a european country! You usa poeple are really bad at geography! Turey is a muslim coutry located in the middle est or western asia! The s3 launch sounds good and turkey lauches dont and never match european product releases.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
No it won't launch. Check Android Central. A Sammy official said they're rather waiting to get a separate launch, closer to a WW availability. I would trust this dude more than some cowboy.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
While I'm currently happy with my Galaxy Nexus, I'm starting to wish that I waited for this. Oh well, my old phone was dying and I couldn't really wait.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
I certainly have my doubts that the first country to receive the Galaxy S III will be Turkey. Usually South Korea is among the first to receive the Galaxy S line.

frish

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]ibboard[/nom]The phone on the left looks bricky and ugly.[/citation]
Probably coz its a camera not a phone

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]turk24[/nom]Hey duds" turkey is not in europe or a european country! You usa poeple are really bad at geography! Turey is a muslim coutry located in the middle est or western asia! The s3 launch sounds good and turkey lauches dont and never match european product releases.[/citation]
Maybe not, but neither is Russia or Israel but they all play football in the European Leagues and Turkey is trying to gain membership to the EU, seems geography is irrelevant to certain things and launching a phone into the EU would include Turkey even if they aren't a full member yet.

quotas47

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]ibboard[/nom]...The phone on the left looks bricky and ugly. The one on the right isn't bad, but it looks like they're going for "too big" again....[/citation]

Pretty sure the item on the left is a camera.
Like frish just said.

Status
Not open for further replies.