Solved! Samsung Galaxy S10e vs. S10 - which should I get?

TechIgnorant

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
I have been researching these phones and I only have one main question, will the S10e become outdated sooner than the S10?

The main issue with my current phone is that I can't use many (most) of the newer apps because it has become outdated. Such as the MLB Ballpark app - I bought tickets online and couldn't use this app, so I had to take my iPod Touch to the game with me. After realizing this, I checked many other apps and found the same thing.

I want a Samsung Galaxy phone that will stay up to date for as long as possible.

Is there anything else I need to know about these phones? I am going to get either the S10e or the S10.

Last edited:
Solution
It takes a long while for most newer phones to become unable to use any apps. Even the one you mention will work with any Android newer than 5.0, a.k.a. Lollipop. So unless you got a phone that contains a much older version or some other older/outdated feature, it should work for a long while.

The more likely issue you would run into is running out of space for apps. Most of that manufacturers phones don't allow for turning a SD card into "Internal" storage, which is required to run most apps from a card.

Otherwise, it is really going to depend on which version really has what you want. That should be the main factor.
It takes a long while for most newer phones to become unable to use any apps. Even the one you mention will work with any Android newer than 5.0, a.k.a. Lollipop. So unless you got a phone that contains a much older version or some other older/outdated feature, it should work for a long while.

The more likely issue you would run into is running out of space for apps. Most of that manufacturers phones don't allow for turning a SD card into "Internal" storage, which is required to run most apps from a card.

Otherwise, it is really going to depend on which version really has what you want. That should be the main factor.

Reactions: TechIgnorant
Solution
Jun 22, 2019
I have been researching these phones and I only have one main question, will the S10e become outdated sooner than the S10?

The main issue with my current phone is that I can't use many (most) of the newer apps because it has become outdated. Such as the MLB Ballpark app - I bought tickets online and couldn't use this app, so I had to take my iPod Touch to the game with me. After realizing this, I checked many other apps and found the same thing.

I want a Samsung Galaxy phone that will stay up to date for as long as possible.

Is there anything else I need to know about these phones? I am going to get either the S10e or the S10.

I think you need to move on S10e. This will be much better than others.