Review Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra hands-on review: The Galaxy Note is back

Rufionn

Commendable
Feb 24, 2022
I'm not sure why the big deal about the S Pen. I've been using a "Galaxy Note" since they have been available. I didn't see any difference between my Note 10 and the S22 Ultra. The problem I had is they have moved it to the left side of the phone, I can't begin to guess why. Well that will be a matter of getting use to?! Yes, I did get one, it came, at first glance it looked great. It was all scratched. That didn't make me happy. Samsung wanted to give me a $50 credit. I wanted a $1200 phone that looked like a $1200 phone, not one that looked like it had been banged around for a year or so. The bottom line was I had to return the phone I had just received and repurchase. Apparently Samsung isn't really ready with this phone - it will be several weeks before I get my second chance. I want to note that my Note 10+ which I purchased in 2019 still looks like it's brand new, the cosmetics are important to me - fussy it might be, but happy will be the individual that buys my trade-in.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We got a Samsung S22 Ultra from T-Mobile today. Maybe the sales rep was BSing us but he said he regularly 14+ plus hours on his S22 Ultra. My biggest complaints? 1) No charger is included. 2) The connection cable is USB3 only. No USB2 adapter or option. 3) Samsung managed tomake the power switch even stupider than before. You have to hold down BOTH the volume down and power buttons just so. Why not a simple slider or rocker? Oh, and T-mobile charged $999 for the $299 device.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We got a Samsung S22 Ultra from T-Mobile today. Maybe the sales rep was BSing us but he said he regularly 14+ plus hours on his S22 Ultra. My biggest complaints? 1) No charger is included. 2) The connection cable is USB3 only. No USB2 adapter or option. 3) Samsung managed tomake the power switch even stupider than before. You have to hold down BOTH the volume down and power buttons just so. Why not a simple slider or rocker? Oh, and T-mobile charged $999 for the $299 device.
I upgraded from an LG40 to the Galaxy. EVERYTHING is different. Messaging, camera, play store, home screen, on/off, etc. It's a start from scratch experience. Not good.

Apr 3, 2022
I'm not sure why the big deal about the S Pen. I've been using a "Galaxy Note" since they have been available. I didn't see any difference between my Note 10 and the S22 Ultra. The problem I had is they have moved it to the left side of the phone, I can't begin to guess why. Well that will be a matter of getting use to?! Yes, I did get one, it came, at first glance it looked great. It was all scratched. That didn't make me happy. Samsung wanted to give me a $50 credit. I wanted a $1200 phone that looked like a $1200 phone, not one that looked like it had been banged around for a year or so. The bottom line was I had to return the phone I had just received and repurchase. Apparently Samsung isn't really ready with this phone - it will be several weeks before I get my second chance. I want to note that my Note 10+ which I purchased in 2019 still looks like it's brand new, the cosmetics are important to me - fussy it might be, but happy will be the individual that buys my trade-in.

The "Big Deal" is that people wanted and felt the ultra should get S-pen since the 20 series. So, this being the first year with it, that's why. Plus, it's taking the place of the Note Line pretty much so. Why does it matter what side the S-pen is on? I one hand in my right hand cause well, I'm right handed so it being on the left side makes sense to me, I'm not fighting my right hand to get it out. Even if I'm just holding it in my left hand and using my right hand on the screen, still not a big deal. Last, did you really start talking like Yoda there at the end? Yikes

Apr 3, 2022

If he's getting 14+ hours on his s22 then I wanna know what his settings are so I can mimic them. Or he's BSing. They stopped giving out chargers awhile ago so why if this a sudden issue and complaint for you? As for the power button, you kinda went all gibberish there and have no clue what you're griping about. Holding down the volume down and power button at the same time is how you do your screen shot function, and it's been like that for awhile now. So I have no clue what you're going on about with the power button. Why not a slider or a rocker? Cause no need for it? What're you talking about T-Mobile charged $999 for $299 device? Man you need to work on your English or proofread your gibberish chicken scratch before you post. Good Lord...

Apr 3, 2022
So, I really really hope my crappy battery life is just due to my new s22 ultra learning my habits and will improve with time cause right now I'm not impressed and honestly if my dang s20 + hadn't maxed out on memory I'd still be using it. Also, this thing feels like a brick, weighs about as much too or it feels like it. I was never a fan of the NOTE series and phablet phase. I know the Ultra is the replacement for the Note for the most part but it feels a little more compact than the Notes. Honestly, and this sucks, I'm with T-Mobile and I'd be willing to send this back for the Fold 3 but, can't because that phone has crashed and gone bonkers on T-Mobile's network for some reason so they've initiated a recall and return on all of them and pulled them from the site and shelves. Really, really frustrating and let down. Fix your crap T-Mobile or Samsung whoever is at fault here.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If he's getting 14+ hours on his s22 then I wanna know what his settings are so I can mimic them. Or he's BSing. They stopped giving out chargers awhile ago so why if this a sudden issue and complaint for you? As for the power button, you kinda went all gibberish there and have no clue what you're griping about. Holding down the volume down and power button at the same time is how you do your screen shot function, and it's been like that for awhile now. So I have no clue what you're going on about with the power button. Why not a slider or a rocker? Cause no need for it? What're you talking about T-Mobile charged $999 for $299 device? Man you need to work on your English or proofread your gibberish chicken scratch before you post. Good Lord...
The charger is an issue because I don't have a squirrel cage to charge the fool thing. And I don't throw money away on the phone replacing the one that came out six months ago.

Reactions: samsungblows
Nov 26, 2022
The charger is an issue because I don't have a squirrel cage to charge the fool thing. And I don't throw money away on the phone replacing the one that came out six months ago.
I hate the charger not being added along with a 1199$ phone. They are just copying what Apple does from day 1, so no surprise they stopped including the charger just like apple did. Atleast when I asked Apple customer care nicely that I am a first time customer they gave me a free charger. But Samsung customer service is horrible, they wouldn't make an exception even though I was trading an Apple phone and told them this is my first Samsung phone. Actually this was for my wife, she somehow likes the camera on the S22 ultra rather than the 13 pro, so we traded in, but so far Samsung customer service has been horrible. I hope the phone is good. Another thing, I was trying to create a user id to write this comment and "Samsungsucks" was already taken, so looks like it is just not me :)