Samsung Galaxy S3 Receiving Android 4.1.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

It was out as a Kies update a few days ago, was wondering why no one reported it

G

Update my first comment, 4.1.1 (Jellybean) was out as a Kies update a few days ago, so all US S3's can get Jellybean now

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
They're really working hard to ensure there's not reason to buy any iPhones this holiday season. Can't help but applaud the effort. I was on the Metro this morning and the passenger next to me saw me using my S3 to read and post in this forum and said something to the effect of, "That's a neat phone, I like the screen...." I must it admit it was with a little childish pride that I told her what it was and showed it to her. I did, however initially think, "How could you not know this is an S3?"

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Using prepaid with unlocked international phones is the best way to ensure manufacturer updates (instead of waiting on carriers) and best devs. support. That is, non-modded phones; don't even get me started on the modding scene for these handsets (rooting, unlocking, etc.).

G

Remember when Samsung was found guilty of being a shameless copycat company and hit with a 1 billion dollar verdict?

I do, and it makes me smile every time I think about it :) :) :)

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]sad2ij[/nom]Remember when Samsung was found guilty of being a shameless copycat company and hit with a 1 billion dollar verdict?I do, and it makes me smile every time I think about it[/citation]

Wrong topic? Also, last I heard, that verdict is being thrown out of the window(s) ;)

Remember when Apple is being brand as Patent Troll? They still are, being asshole as they are, they should just patent Human Breathing process, so we all have to pay in order to live. I'll just patent walking(mobile) while talking, this way I can sue apple back.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]sad2ij[/nom]Remember when Samsung was found guilty of being a shameless copycat company and hit with a 1 billion dollar verdict?I do, and it makes me smile every time I think about it[/citation]

Going to be funny when it's thrown out because of the foreman lying to the judge, I'll laugh when charges are pressed against him for lying under oath, and the jury itself putting infringement charges on devices they even said don't infringe.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]Meanwhile... VZW GS3s are still sitting on 4.0 ICS. F****** VZW, get with the program already![/citation]

right there with you.... still waiting

whitex

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

Troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.