Samsung galaxy s3 wont boot. stuck on samsung logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inerax

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Hello, i am attempting to fix my wifes samsung galaxy s3. When i hold the volume down, home and power button i get to a download page.

when i hold volume up, home and power i get to a screen that lets me wipe all data. I have reset to default and cleaned the cache, no change.

I have also used odin3 to load new firmware i downloaded from samsungmobile (http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=SPH-L710&pcode=SPR#firmware)

Even after all this the phone still sits on the samsung logo during boot.

I have followed this. when I am loading the data the phone does not show the progress bar. nothing happens.
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/how-to-recover-a-bricked-samsung-galaxy-s3-50009490/

What else can i try?

Solution
Do you have the Android Developers kit installed on your PC?

I can try and help you out if you do, but it'll be a bit of a complicated procedure. And you'll need to ensure you don't make any mistakes and follow my instructions very carefully.

Also, I'll need to know where you are located and what carrier you use so I can find the correct ROM.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Do you have the Android Developers kit installed on your PC?

I can try and help you out if you do, but it'll be a bit of a complicated procedure. And you'll need to ensure you don't make any mistakes and follow my instructions very carefully.

Also, I'll need to know where you are located and what carrier you use so I can find the correct ROM.

Solution

inerax

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

thanks for the help but it magically started working last night.

I installed a old firmware and nothing happened. I gave up and walked away for about 3 hours with it stuck on the samsung logo. came back and it was working. magic!

If anything else with it comes up i will let you know.

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.