Samsung Galaxy S4 issues

Abhishek1025

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I bought my S4 exactly a yr ago... it worked fine until christmas.. then my phone's battery started heating up .. initially i thought might b due to gaming.. but noo, as a month passed by the heating got worse.. couldnt keep the phone in my pocket.. battery temp wewnt upto 44 degrees.. which isnt normal even during normal use like fb, twitter.. samsiung service even looked into the matter and gave me a replacement battery.. but even that didnt do much help.. ! might b a kitkat problem..god knws!

Abhishek1025

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011

i hav chkd .. the S4 screen and Android system and OS take up 67%~75% battery overall

notherdude

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

I'd try a factory reset of the phone, or maybe running it in safe modehttp://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242/ . I guess it's out of warranty? If not act fast for a warranty replacement.

Aidan Sweeney

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

This happened to one of my family member's Galaxy S3's. The battery was warm, battery life went down really fast, etc. so the S4 isn't the only one with this sort of problem. The S3 also had a "sudden death" problem. Search the web for info about that. But what I mean is you're not the only one who has this problem, and the S4 isn't the only phone in the series with battery issues. I'd replace your battery, see if that helps. If it doesn't call tech support or go to Samsung and ask somebody, or just take it to a local phone repair place.