Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Review: Killer Curves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wise DJr

Estimable
Apr 11, 2015
Great review, and thanks for the detailed comparison. Big up to Sumsung finally they're heading to the right direction. Am just waiting for the Note 5. Cheers

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
No sd-card or removable battery, not for me.
My Note 2 broke yesterday so I went to Verizon to get a new phone that I needed ASAP. Ended up going with a Note 4 edge, which was overkill, but was the only Samsung phone in stock other than the Galaxy S6.
I would have considered the S6 as it was cheaper, but it would have made my sd-card useless as well as its use as a personal mp3 player.

Willie0

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
Great review thanks, phone looks really awsome,samsung definitely own this year with galaxy s6 and s6 edge, but does it worth 100$ more than s6 ?

tsumeone

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
The bad: auto rotate is broken for many users, including myself. Samsung support is clueless and pretends not to know about the issue despite literally hundreds of reports of it posted online since launch. They want you to ship the device to them and be without your brand new $1000 phone for 2 weeks. Or you can play musical devices and swap at your carrier. Some people are on their 4th Edge developing the same defect with the accelerometer! Get the regular S6 if you don't want to deal with this headache. Samsung certainly made it clear they didn't want to deal with the headache.

psiclone

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
Funny how no one talks about the dropped calls. I've already turned one of these in to Sprint for a replacement. My wife and one of my kids have iPhone 6's. I was on Boost Mobile, which uses the Sprint network and I had a Moto G before this Samsung S6. Of the 3 phones and two "carriers," the only phone that seems to repeatedly drop calls is the S6. This is also compounded by the fact that on Sprint, with this phone, you can't do a phone call and data at the same time...something I could do with my $100 Moto G. I'm guessing that my Moto G had two radios (one voice, one data), but I don't know for sure. Other than this sad fact and the fact that the edge is almost purely cosmetic (functional value is way overpriced), the phone is pretty solid.

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014

I have the note 4 edge. At first I wasn't sure if I'd like the curved edge, but it has grown on me. If you already have the s6, I'd say no. Otherwise, may as well; especially if you keep your phones for a while.

Robert palmer

Estimable
May 4, 2015
poor battery life, wifi drop out softwre is full of bugs rushed on the market and where the testers for samsung. yes its a srep forward from cheap plastic hopefully samsung will sort the software out

Status
Not open for further replies.