Solved! Samsung galaxy tab A was stolen. Has my account on it . How can I find?

May 20, 2018
My Samsung Galaxy Tab A that was stolen had my account in it. I'm sure it's been factory reset by now. My question is, is it possible to track or locate it. Also, had locate my device activated. Any help i would appreciate. I really miss it!

Reactions: lukeandleon
Solution
Hi there Terimbax,

I would be happy to assist you today. When a phone is gone through a factory reset, there isn't much you can do. Here are some options that may be useful.

Tracking apps:-
============
If you had the foresight to install some tracking type apps and move it to the system partition via root, those can survive a factory reset (though the preferences may be reset).

Report it as stolen:-
===============
If you know the IMEI, you can at least report it as stolen. The cell companies can block that phone from their network (both CDMA (non-sim) and GSM (sim) networks can do this; CDMA networks call it ESN instead of IMEI). However, I highly doubt they will help you locate it, even if they could track it.

You can find the...

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hi there Terimbax,

I would be happy to assist you today. When a phone is gone through a factory reset, there isn't much you can do. Here are some options that may be useful.

Tracking apps:-
============
If you had the foresight to install some tracking type apps and move it to the system partition via root, those can survive a factory reset (though the preferences may be reset).

Report it as stolen:-
===============
If you know the IMEI, you can at least report it as stolen. The cell companies can block that phone from their network (both CDMA (non-sim) and GSM (sim) networks can do this; CDMA networks call it ESN instead of IMEI). However, I highly doubt they will help you locate it, even if they could track it.

You can find the IMEI if you kept the original packaging; usually it's on the box or on a sticker in the manuals. Again, you need the foresight to either copy the IMEI or keep the original packing materials.

Google location history:
==================
If you enabled Google Location tracking, you can view a map of the location history for the device. If the thief didn't wipe the device right away, this could give you some clues as to their whereabouts.

If you really want to track it down, you could use that location information and see if there are any security cameras in the area (ask the shops to see if you can view their security tapes). If anything turns up, give the information to the police, and please don't try any heroics because anything bad can happen.

Well if this doesn't help then please reply to this thread and I will be happy to assist you again,

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

Reactions: lukeandleon
Solution