Samsung Galaxy Tab to Launch on September 16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

can galaxy tab edit and make word documents and powerpoint presentation.

----------------------- jomar m.

MrSiko

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
cyberwap, It should be able to. Google ThinkFree Android for a java office app that will open,edit and save Word, Excel and Powerpoint docs on Android.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Interesting to see what pricing will be in the UK as we don't have the same mess as the USA does with carriers.
Probably cost more upfront but a better data deal, but we'll see.

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Finally a non-Apple tablet that's worth looking at. Really like the idea of a tablet with available voice and data plans. Wonder the street price once Verizon provides incentives?

vectorm12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Galaxy Tab launching within days with 2.2 preinstalled. This while we who's been living with 2.1 on our Galaxy S phones for months. Good to know where Samsung's priorities are...

G

saw it at IFA, bulky, small screen, slight lag... defo not on my buy list. :(

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]vectorm12[/nom]Galaxy Tab launching within days with 2.2 preinstalled. This while we who's been living with 2.1 on our Galaxy S phones for months. Good to know where Samsung's priorities are...[/citation]
Exactly!! And where is my dang GPS fix. Fix the Galaxy S products you have already launched before putting more out there.
If I don't start seeing them support their phones better then there is no way i getting their Tablet.

ypcio

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
For those complaining about gps on the galaxy s, i had the same issues but updated to the JM1 firmware using the samsung app (KIES), and my gps is working normally. There are several "leaked" froyo roms on the web. I guess we might get a release by the end of the month.

G

I will be careful about getting a Samsung. They have a history of constantly releasing new product and abandoning support and updates right after the product launched.

ypcio

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Joewaloski[/nom]I will be careful about getting a Samsung. They have a history of constantly releasing new product and abandoning support and updates right after the product launched.[/citation]

I really hope they dont do this with the Galaxy line of products, that would be a pretty dumb move due to the sheer numbers of sales.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Nobody wil buy these.

The only people that care about the "specs" and whether it has more features than the iPad are the geeks/nerds. The same people that build their own PC's and are into overclocking and modding.

The average person who buys PC's, phones and tablets doesn't care about this kind of thing.

Sorry, Samsung, but there are no way near 10 million "geeks" out there to buy your tablet, so your sales estimates are way, way off. Not to mention the price is for a "subsidized" Tab. Are people on a contract going to want to sign another contract? Let's see what the "real" price is, Samsung.

G

The majority of the market is not 'geeks' but they certainly know what 'larger' looks like.

Phones are being used as computers nowadays, and the larger screens are very appealing to a large part of the market. And yes - this is a large "PHONE"

Call it a tablet - that's right, but unlike other tablets, this can take and receive phone calls, and that means its a phone replacement tablet.

You don't have to be a geek to know that when you need your iPad it's not with you - it's back at home sitting on your living room coffee table, because the thing is too darn big to carry around.

Those complaining about this being "small" aren't getting it - these are sold at Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, where its absolutely huge compared to everything else - compared to the other PHONES.

G

Wouldn't buy anything Samsung. My Samsung 52" HD LCD TV, which is not 3 years old yet, is making a hissing sound and the first time you turn it on you get pink pixilation. I was asking that they have a recall, since many more people were experiencing the same thing. When I contacted them, they indicated that my warranty was for 1 year and said goodbye. Not a company that cares for their customers or the quality of their products in my opinion.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]roblearns[/nom]The majority of the market is not 'geeks' but they certainly know what 'larger' looks like.[/citation]

Exactly. You think people are going to want to carry one of these things around as a phone? How ridiculous would you look using one of these monsters to make a phone call.

This device is not a phone replacement as it's far too in-convenient to use as an everyday phone. That means people who own one will also own a "normal sized" phone. What's the point of carrying two phones around?

If you're going to go through the trouble of carrying a second device around (one that's too large to fit in your pocket) then you might as well get a full-sized tablet (meaning 10" or so screen size).

I don't really see the point of this tablet.

But what do I know? Samsung says they'll sell 10 million so I'm sure they will.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
"The only people that care about the "specs" and whether it has more features than the iPad are the geeks/nerds. The same people that build their own PC's and are into overclocking and modding.The average person who buys PC's, phones and tablets doesn't care about this kind of thing."

so it mean you don't mine to pay more for a outdated product
you better live in stone age... drive Flintstones's car ~

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ypcio[/nom]I really hope they dont do this with the Galaxy line of products, that would be a pretty dumb move due to the sheer numbers of sales.[/citation]
How long are you planning on keeping you smartphone until the end of warranty or support?

ypcio

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]How long are you planning on keeping you smartphone until the end of warranty or support?[/citation]

As long as it lasts, here in brazil smartphones are pretty expensive, i cannot afford to change phone every year.

panda_lover

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Exactly. You think people are going to want to carry one of these things around as a phone? How ridiculous would you look using one of these monsters to make a phone call.This device is not a phone replacement as it's far too in-convenient to use as an everyday phone. That means people who own one will also own a "normal sized" phone. What's the point of carrying two phones around?If you're going to go through the trouble of carrying a second device around (one that's too large to fit in your pocket) then you might as well get a full-sized tablet (meaning 10" or so screen size).I don't really see the point of this tablet.But what do I know? Samsung says they'll sell 10 million so I'm sure they will.[/citation]

I have been waiting for a tablet that has phone feature for a long time because I don't want to carry 2 devices. So, this tablet is suitable for me. The 7 inch size is just right to put in my purse, and I can do web browsing/ebook reading and recive phone call in one device. 10" size is too big to carry daily and not fit in all my purses. You can use a handsfree headset and bluetooth handsfree to make and receive phone call. I don't know why people keep complaining this is too big to make a phone call. My office phone is way bigger than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS