Samsung Gear IconX (2018) Review: Wireless Earbuds Have More Stamina, No Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

splendic

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the solid review. One question...

Are both buds able to connect to your phone and work independently of the other to extend playback time (i.e., using the left for a few hours, and then turning it off putting it in the case and using only the right... and vice versa), or is only one side capable of connecting via bluetooth and working alone?

ty.scribe

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
You could set the master bud using the Gear app on the first version of the IconX, and I assume that is the case with this new version based on what I've read elsewhere. I had the first version briefly, and returned them due to battery life. Otherwise, they were excellent. These seem to have solved that problem.

kixster

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
You can connect either now. You no longer have to set one as primary when connecting (for listening to music).

Jun 4, 2018
DO NOT buy this product, Samsung not even confident with it. Purchase a 2106 model, now the earbud is totally dead. They provide 1 year warranty after purchase, if the earbud having issue, they will replace the earbud for you. But after the replacement being done, the warranty will drop to 1 month after the claim was done.

they not able to repair this product, battery doesn't last. the casing battery drain fast and takes very long time to charge.

BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK

Status
Not open for further replies.