Samsung Has Sold 600,000 Galaxy Tabs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
I went to the AT&T store, the only carrier here that has the Tab, and tried it out. I liked it and plan to buy one when the WiFi-only version is released.

Truth is the lack of a WiFi only version is keeping the sales lower then it would have been otherwise.

mofnet

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
to be an accurate comparison the current galaxy tab sales should be compared to the ipad 3g version only, but i don't know if individual model sales figures of the ipad are widely available or not..

zambutu

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
i went and messed with one at the store today. seemed ok but scrolling was choppy compared to the ipad. To be honest, im not sure what the point of it is at that size. Too small to be really "useful" and its hardy bigger than galaxy phone. if i had a purse i might like it over the ipad. ..no i take that back, if i had a purse i'd get the galaxy 4" phone or one of those 4.3" things coming out, ..more practical. For a bookbag the ipad wins over the galaxy tab. Price could have been the differece maker, but noper, the ipad wis this round.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Uhm, so, excuses we seek, eh? Guess what, even among those, who are willing to pay unreasonably high price for such limited devices, there are very many to whom Apple's draconian, arrogant, shamelessly lobbied in media piece of... hardware is a big "NO THANKS".

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
i hope this is a sign of "restoration of sanity" but then again, as long as they 'think' they can sell the Jobs action figure @79.99, there are a lot of insane people out there.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Last week i saw i priest with a Samsung Galaxy while i was at work and i was scratching my head "WTF???!!!"
I was considering to become a padre, damn....

chavo12345

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
If you guys really want a decent Android Tablet, just get the Archos 101 or The Archos 70IT. Best Bang for your buck, but only if you could find them in stock somewhere.

Doom3klr

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Well the truth of the matter is that Apple and there ipad dont even support flash? When theres tones of games websites and mvies that run off of it? Plus Apple ipads are not running an open source os wich basically means apple has there os totaly crippled and locked exclusivly to them. As where Android tablets can run flash more types of game emulators and tuns of free software and anyone can contribute and make a program or game for android os plus the tablets are cheaper. Still want a crapple ipad?

postler

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
[citation][nom]cinergy[/nom]I don't trust Korean quality.[/citation]

i own my third samsung cell phone (because i've lost my first two), no problems.

and I DON'T TRUST FOXCONN crap

tuc0

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
not sold any. its just that many people signed up an a long costly contract, most of those work pays for it anyway.

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
I know it is a religious thing not to like apple but come on. The posters on here act as if it was a holy war. I just don't hear real people talk the way people post on this forum. Most people recognize the positives to Apples approach and live with it.

If there was a party where copious amounts of alcohol was being consumed. Then someone started talking the way anti-apple posters talk. Believe me, most people would think the guy/girl was a complete D-bag. Same goes for the pro-apple user. Nothing is that cut and dry.

G

If you head over to xda developers forum, you can find people dedicated to helping the Samsung Galaxy/Android platform. For the Captivate, I'm running Froyo with numerous tweaks which makes the phone a dream. Don't say the device lags because you have not tried all there is to try.

bdonedge

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
Maybe someone can explain to me the hype of technology taking a step backwards? I distinctly remember things coming out not to long ago that were half the size, ran all the same applications and even made phone calls. Oh yeah, that's right, they're called smartphones and they are way more practical and don't take up as much room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS