Solved! Samsung HW-K450/HW-K460 soundbar has stopped turning on, when I turn TV on

Jan 11, 2019
I've been using the HW-K460 (though I think it usually goes by the name of HW-K450) Samsung soundbar with my KU6405 Samsung TV. I'm using the soundbar with the SWA-8000S rear speakers.

I've bought the TV, soundbar and rear speakers all together for about 2,5 year ago. Until some days ago, I haven't had trouble with the soundbar. But suddenly the soundbar has stopped turning on when I turn my TV after having been shut off for some minutes. If I turn my TV off, the soundbar will turn off as well, and if I then turn the TV on again some seconds later, the soundbar will turn on. So it is only when the TV has been shut off for some minutes, that the soundbar doesn't respond.

Sometimes I have noticed, that the the sound bar turn on by itself 10-20 seconds after it has been shut off. It searches for the TV, but since it has been turned off, it doesn't find anything. Could this maybe be the reason, and that it disconnects from the TV, when the soundbar turns on by itself and sees there is no TV? If so, how come the soundbar turns on by itself?

I've tried multiple times to make sure that Bluetooth Power is ON. I've tried resetting my TV to factory, and also tried to reset the soundbar by using two methods (1: holding play / pause button down for 5 seconds. 2: holding the mute button down). Nothing has worked so far..

Any suggestions?

Solution
I had the same exact problem. I have a Samusung k450 soundbar with a 49" Samsung SUHD TV. My solution was to unplug everything from the Samsung One Connect box, let it sit for about 10 minutes or so, plug everything back in, and now my soundbar turns on & off with the TV, as it did before the firmware 1231.1 update.
Not sure if some firmware resides on this One Connect box or not, but this maneuver did the trick for me!
Jan 17, 2019
I have the exact same soundbar and the exact same issue within only the last week or so. My TV is a KU6300 and I don't remember a firmware update recently that would account for this. I've also tried holding the play/pause button, removing the soundbar from the TV settings and setting it up again, pulling out the plug from both the TV and soundbar for a few minutes... etc.

Jan 30, 2019
I had the same exact problem. I have a Samusung k450 soundbar with a 49" Samsung SUHD TV. My solution was to unplug everything from the Samsung One Connect box, let it sit for about 10 minutes or so, plug everything back in, and now my soundbar turns on & off with the TV, as it did before the firmware 1231.1 update.
Not sure if some firmware resides on this One Connect box or not, but this maneuver did the trick for me!

Solution
Feb 28, 2019
This last suggestion worked for me also - with everything turned off, I simply removed all cables from the One Connect box , waited a little bit, and plugged them back in. Let's hope it says working this time. Thanks!