Samsung Makes Fun the Super Bowl in New Commercial

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Sounds more like they are making fun of all the patent infringements and their constant legal battles, rather than the 'big game' itself.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
It really makes fun of the patent system with out saying it. I hope it make some awareness about stupid patents. Rectangle phone with round corners still cracks me up. And no I don't own samsung products and have no plans to own one but they were treated unfairly.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Well, since if you're going to watch the game you're going to watch commercials I guess this one isn't that bad. ...but not sure it was worth the $8 million.

Kand

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
Blackberry is DEAD ! the american people have a money problem and the rest of the world doesn`t know and doesn`t care about superbol or whatever

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
[citation][nom]keither5150[/nom]Looks like a note 2. It would be cool if they guy was sitting in front of the S4.[/citation]
But I love my note 2. =(

dan-fish

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I think this whole article is misunderstood. The commercial is a complete attack on Apple rather than the Super Bowl. Not that I'm complaining....

sarcasm

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]dan-fish[/nom]I think this whole article is misunderstood. The commercial is a complete attack on Apple rather than the Super Bowl. Not that I'm complaining....[/citation]

Yeah she clearly missed the whole point of the ad. It's making fun of Apple.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
I don't think this is really about Apple, folks. I mean, yeah, Apple sues everyone (esp. Samsung) over patent infringement, but compared to the NFL they look like a bunch of amateurs. The post above about the NFL sueing the church probably isn't wrong. The NFL is crazy overzealous about their trademarks, their footage, and their brand. If anything, this might be a direct poke at the NFL, and an indirect poke at the overly-litigious and lawsuit-happy nature of the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.