Samsung Model PN64E7000FFXZA stopped working

heavynumber

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
The screen on my Samsung PN64E7000FFXZA went black.The screen is completely black,no sound nothing when on/off button is pressed.
Geek Squad diagnosed and said throw it away,it's obsolete,parts aren't available.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.TV is only a little over 4 years old and had a great picture. I found out that parts are available so I'm really asking for help with any diagnosis tips. I learned about finding burnt or bulged capacitors and the power board.
I'm very capable of soldering with gas and iron.I'm also very mechanically inclined,I've owned an automotive paint/collision business for 44 years and can paint a car with my eyes closed.I'm a quick learner. And if anybody needs help as far as any automotive help,ask away.
Thanks in advance

Solution
You are in a very small community when you have the World Google at your fingertip. Oftentimes these things happens in batches, so Google away. Other than that open it up and look for dark spots, burns, bulges blah-blah. See if Google finds you a maintenance diagram. If u get pinout to the power supply, can test for presence of DC voltage.
You are in a very small community when you have the World Google at your fingertip. Oftentimes these things happens in batches, so Google away. Other than that open it up and look for dark spots, burns, bulges blah-blah. See if Google finds you a maintenance diagram. If u get pinout to the power supply, can test for presence of DC voltage.

Solution