Samsung NP305E5A APU replacement

Scyth3x

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
Before i start i know this is a FAQ, and i know my limits.So:

I want to replace my A6-3420m that has an AMD Radeon HD 6520G, the laptop also has a dedicated GPU a "7400M" (which is not it's original name, it got renamed over time, I think it's a 6420m or something like that).
AMD cut support fairly early on, so I'm stuck with this dual graphics machine with the latest drivers being 15.7.1 thus I literally can't use the stronger GPU 99% of the time, even if i force it.

I've looked into the compatibility list, ( I can't find it now. but i think the best one that it officially supports is the A8-3550FX)
Anyway today, I found an A8-4500M I brought it home, I've tried it, It physically still fits in the FS1 socket, but sadly all it does that it's makes the fan go crazy. I was curious if there's anything that could be done to make them work, I work in a laptop service so i got the tools. The only thing i could think of is a BIOS upgrade or a very risky custom one, if there's already one out there.
If anyone knows better it would be much appreciated.

Solution
First thing is do a BIOS update before trying the new CPU. If that does not work, it won't work. Just because the socket can fit the CPU does not mean the laptop will work with it.