Review Samsung Odyssey G9 monitor review: Ridiculous in the best possible way

husky91

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
I don't get these expensive wide monitors. Just get a 43" 4k monitor. They're higher res without the ridiculous width.

Jul 12, 2021
I almost got the G9 but the 32in G7 with 16x9 and 240hz is better for standard display of information and it is fast fast fast. Reminds me of a old 32in tube display and it is still big and less head turning. I had a 42 in 4K computer display not a tv and it was to large.

Sep 25, 2021
I don't get these expensive wide monitors. Just get a 43" 4k monitor. They're higher res without the ridiculous width.

The G9 is curved 1000R so that if you have a viewing distance of 1000mm (1m) to the middle, the distance does not get larger at the edges. Less eye strain and more productivity are the result. If you use a large UHD display, you can have a little more space, but the viewing distance is not equal. It is a bit cheaper though. Samsung needs some competition in the DQHD market to reach the $1000 mark. For gaming, I would wait a little, because OLED is HDR king and arriving soon, and competition can be expected. I would not get the Neo G9 model, seems to be an intermediate step to contrast heaven. OLED does not need a backlight which facilitates HDR very much. For work, the G9 seems to be a good choice, if the office accepts a space design.