Samsung optical out not working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonaWaggio

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I have a Samsung TV UA65ES8000 . I have been trying to connect it to external speaker through optical out cable but there is no sound whether normal TV mode or HDMI sources e.g.DVD player. Cable works because if I connect to ps4 there is sound. What am I not doing right here?

Many thanks in advance

brent.rice62

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Go to settings-sound-expert settings-Audio Format. Set to PCM format.
This worked on my KU6290 Samsung TV.
I am using a optical to bluetooth transmitter adapter because the KU6290 does not come with a bluetooth transmitter installed in TV. It's a cost cutting trick they use. The KU6300 TV has bluetooth output. Yeah, ticked me off. Samsung should note this on box. But KU6290 was only $499 vs $679 for 6300.

AntonaWaggio

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I checked the TV manual but unfortunately not helpful as it only says you should hear audio when you plug the optical came to your home theatre system

[q reuotemsg=20022578,0,185706]Check the TV manual.
You may have to turn the optical out on, turn the TV speakers off, and change the audio output type in the TV menu to get it working.[/quotemsg]

brent.rice62

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

brent.rice62

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Go to settings-sound-expert settings-Audio Format. Set to PCM format.
This worked on my KU6290 Samsung TV.
I am using a optical to bluetooth transmitter adapter because the KU6290 does not come with a bluetooth transmitter installed in TV. It's a cost cutting trick they use. The KU6300 TV has bluetooth output. Yeah, ticked me off. Samsung should note this on box. But KU6290 was only $499 vs $679 for 6300.

malhassanieh

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018

Kinggg !!

Sep 7, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Audio 2
B Audio 2
C Audio 1
S Audio 1