Samsung PN51F8500 TV Bluetooth capability

jwsarge2

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2014
My Samsung Plasma TV, PN51F8500, seems to be unable to pair with the Bose Soundlink OE Bluetooth Headphones I bought as a Xmas present for my wife. In fact when trying to pair the two I get the impression that the only BT items the TV will pair with are other Samsung products. In the Engineer's Options I made sure that BT was turned on while trying to pair. My wife really wanted to be able to use the headphones and I'd really rather not have to go out an purchase a newer LED/LCD TV to be able to reach this goal. Can anyone shed some light on the limits of this 2013 model Samsung TV's Bluetooth capabilites and a solution on how I could pair it with these specific wireless headphones? Thank you.

jwsarge2

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2014

SchizTech,
Thanks for your suggestion but this specific TV has no 3.5 output that a BT Adapter can be plugged into. It also has no RCA Audio outs. It does have an optical audio output but I have not been able to cross that wih a BT adapter. In addition to making sure BT was turned on in the Engineer's Options I also ensured BT was truned on in the MRT Options.