Samsung Returns Fire Against Apple Lawsuit

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpislife

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Poor misguided fanboys. You can honestly look at the picture in the article and tell me the samsung pad, though rectangular, doesn't look remarkably like the iPad. Granted you don't like apple, but just look at them.

Also - apple could easily get parts elsewhere, check the facts before you act like you know them.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]bpislife[/nom]Poor misguided fanboys. You can honestly look at the picture in the article and tell me the samsung pad, though rectangular, doesn't look remarkably like the iPad. Granted you don't like apple, but just look at them. Also - apple could easily get parts elsewhere, check the facts before you act like you know them.[/citation]

Try making a pad that looks anything other than that. Are saying tablets look that way because Apple made it so?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tablet.jpg

That picture was done in 2006. The iPad was released in what, 2010? Tell you what, it looks awfully similar to the iPad..... I think HP copied the iPad.

cloakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
[citation][nom]bpislife[/nom]Also - apple could easily get parts elsewhere, check the facts before you act like you know them.[/citation]

For any less than they are paying Samsung? Will it even be on par with the parts Samsung is providing?

vpalodic

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]Try making a pad that looks anything other than that. Are saying tablets look that way because Apple made it so?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tablet.jpgThat picture was done in 2006. The iPad was released in what, 2010? Tell you what, it looks awfully similar to the iPad..... I think HP copied the iPad.[/citation]

Umm, that photo looks nothing like an iPad. Looks like a PC/handheld running Windows XP. I guess you could say it looks like an iPaq before HP ruined Compaq.

G

The marketing gang at Apple even fooled Apple into believing their own hype. Trying to corner the market because of imagining they own the niche they occupied is very sad. Apple is showing their desperation because their product is becoming obsolete. The technical specs for the Galaxy Tab are superior to the iPad in every particular. No wonder Apple wants to stop Samsung. Apple should have built their own factory instead of buying everything from suppliers. Now the suppliers have the edge. That is the problem with Apple's production plan and now Apple is going to get hurt for failing to invest in Apple.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
[citation][nom]megajynx[/nom]The only point I seen made is that our current patent system is worthless.[/citation]
Our patent system was created by the lawyers for the lawyers.

dhvd79a

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]And Apple has never been "original"... Apples claims to have created the Tablet market....yet Tablets have existed for over 2 decades... The Palm Pilot was a "tablet pc"based on ideas from the earlier Gridpad[/citation]

Fixed

G

Sorry, Star Trek NG had icons with rounded edges and flat screen touch pads WAY before iPhone.

Sorry, but the concept isn't new. It just took time for engineering to catch up.

G

Why don't all these companies do us a favour - become mutually compatible agree on sharing ideas. A universal operating system for everyone. A car is a car - the internal combustion engine has not changed over a hundred years - it comes in funny designs. It still consumes petrol and takes you where you want to go. Or a watch is watch is it tells time. No Apple will my watch is Rolex all other watches are swatches. In the long run it does not matter who makes what, it should be make your life easier.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Goooo Samsunggg!!!! Totally on their side on this one. I hope rotten Apple gets burned as karma always catches up to you when you do nasty things!

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Samsung's has 4 buttons at the bottom making theirs 4-times better. I am backing Samsung because they actually make new technology. Apple simply calls Foxconn and asks them to make it work or we will throw another one of your employee's off the roof.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]jamesedgeuk2000[/nom]Apple has never created anything new, they just take products already out there and wave their "make it shiny and pump millions into shoving the product down peoples throats" wand at them they have never invented anything[/citation]

Really...shoving the product down people throats? Last I checked it was the customer that decided on whether to buy a product or not...evidently there are many customers that found their product appealing in one way or another. It definitely did not happen by waving a magic wand at them... statements like this just make you come across as well...less intelligent.

Agreeing with others that this patent system has become a joke.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Apple and Samsung will play nice after Samsung's CEO kisses the pinky ring of S Jobs.[/citation]

Apple and Samsung will play nicely once Galaxy S II hits the shelves and iPhone 5 will be pwned by it before it even comes out. Oh yeah, and don't forget that tech-minded people still don't care, because:

[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]I am backing Samsung because they actually make new technology. Apple simply calls Foxconn and asks them to make it work or we will throw another one of your employee's off the roof.[/citation]

...because, as he said, Samsung actually makes new technology. Does iPhone have USB-on-the-Go? No. Does iPhone have HDMI? No. Can iPhone do ANYTHING sensible (stupid apps imitating website functionality - aka FB app, Gmail app, etc. - don't count) without jailbreak? No. Can it compare to SGS even after jailbreak? No. Take a look: http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys2/html/specification.html Who the hell would want to purchase iPhone after that? Only users who care for over-simplified experience... but then get some $100 phone and don't bother! iPhone pretends to be a smartphone and in fact doesn't perform as one. I remember when the first iPhone came out - I was laughing my ass off... it had NOTHING in comparison with Nokia flagships of that time (save the touchscreen) and yet it was considered the coolest for some reason. Why? - Marketing!

To sum it up, all the claims that Samsung is stealing anything from Apple in the tech department are ridiculous. Samsung is clearly way ahead of Apple in everything. Apple is only planning 1GHz dual-core for iPhone 5, Samsung already has 1.2 GHz dual-core on SGS II. Apple thinks they're being "innovative" - people, who actually care for the HARDWARE they get in their phone, laugh their asses off.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]jasonh8806[/nom]alright suing samsung is dumb since they supply apple with the A5 chip but seriously all of the people on this site seem to be blinded by their own hate for a company just b/c they do well. Apple doesn't use the most high end hardware but they do come out with products that are well designed, people like, and just plain work. Has anybody thought maybe the fact that apple makes their iOS streamlined for the chip they use in the iphone/ipad means that they don't need as much horsepower for the same end user experience. As long as the product "just works" what does it matter what it takes to power it. Apple releases products that may not be the first one ever but when did the modern-day tablet market blow up? When Apple released the iPad... They take this technology to a mainstream market and people love it. Not everybody gives a crap whether their phone has the "best processor" or biggest screen. That's left to all of the nerdy guys who are trying to compensate for something else. Get over it, Apple is the "cool" thing to have. iPhone, iPad, iPod and even their macbooks are trendy and people want to buy them which is why they charge so much for them. The fact that their is so much bashing about them is astonishing to me but it comes back to maybe people are just mad and jealous that the majority of non-tech savvy people just want a cool looking phone that works. So honestly, get over yourself. If you don't want an Apple product, don't buy one, it's that simple... Just b/c you talk bad about them on this site doesn't mean anything is going to change. They will continue to sell millions of products to a lot of people and there's nothing you can do about it.[/citation]

That's the advantage of a closed method of doing things. Apple are very insular and spend their time perfecting their software on their hardware. This leads to a better user experience because they've eliminated the vast majority of bugs from their hardware/software combinations. Licensed OS's like Windows and open ones like Android need to cater to a much larger range of hardware combinations, potentially billions compared to about 100 that Apple will be working with. So it's nigh on impossible to reach the same level of bug elimination with these OS's as Apple can, this could lead to more crashes and may lead to a slightly lesser user experience (personally i've had no trouble with Windows 7 or Android, in fact Mac OS appears to crash quite a bit but that's just me). But anyway, Apple's products 'just work', i certainly hope so because that's roughly the only thing they have going for them. Even so, playing to the tune of 'trendy' can be a fickle mistress, as you never know what's going to be in/out in the future.

PS. I built my current PC because i wanted something good to play games on, not for bragging about my processor. Also, i got my current HTC Desire HD because the Sense user interface is absolutely fantastic and i like the looks of the phone, and yes that includes the big screen size because i feel i can do more with it. My tech-retarded mother said she would sooner have the DHD over the iPhone due to the bigger screen alone so that point of yours is invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.