Question Samsung S24 series or OnePlus 12?

Feb 26, 2024
I've been using Samsungs for 10+ years. I intend to replace my S21 within a few days. I'm leaning toward the S24 Plus, but haven't yet ruled out the Ultra.
I really like the OnePlus 12 specs. I use a fair number of RAM-hogging apps. My S21 with 8GB RAM is now feeble. The S24 Plus and Ultra have 12GB RAM. The OnePlus 12 has the option of 12GB or 16GB.
I'm quite open to purchasing a phone from a company that I'd describe as "smaller but smarter," which is how I see OnePlus. But, I'm concerned about the quality and timeliness of customer service. OnePlus seems to sell direct to consumer and not through any of the carriers. A sales/customer service rep at a local T-Mobile store, for example, asked me to repeat the name of the manufacturer for him. "The One what?" So if I ask my carrier a troubleshooting question about my OP12, I'm concerned that they will be rather unfamiliar with it. I depend a lot on customer service for troubleshooting and "how do I .. ." questions.
From what I've read online about OP, and just my two limited online chat inquiries with them, my impression is that their customer service responses are shallow.
So, while I really am disappointed in 12GB rather than 16GB, I'm even more concerned about having a phone that I can't get an answer for easily enough.
Can anyone speak to how OP customer service has been really quite good? Thanks!

Last edited: