Samsung Seeking iPhone 4S Sales Ban in Japan, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
its really sad that all a company like Samsung can do is sue back..because if they just took Apple's beatings like everyone else did, Apple would take control even more control of the market whether the government likes it or not. So lets just sit and watch big fortune 500 companies sue eachother while our government sits in congress bullshitting and sticking their fingers up their ass. I really don't want everything to be branded Apple 20 years from now.

lp231

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
It's been how long Jobs passed away and they still have this portrait on their website.
Companies blocking others from selling their products and all it hurts are the consumers.
It's all Apple's fault cause they started is stupid nonsense!

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
All I want is Samsung to win. Period.

Apple is less about innovation and more about suing the competition when they realize there is danger. Seriously Samsung has been making some of the best Android devices people have used and seen even if the build quality is sub-par (Coming from a guy who broke his Galaxy S screen on his nose when he dropped it on his face in bed, not the touch panel).

I mean Apple fanboys are blaming Android for stealing designs and stuff from Apple even though Android has been around LONGER than iOS. Not only that, they praise the changes in iOS5 even though those features were available in Android long before.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]Let me guess, you don't have to pay taxes on money made from lawsuits?[/citation]
no, but their consumers pay for the lawyers.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Wow. Apple really did a doosey suing Samsung so seriously. Now they've switched sides and responded to Apple's declaration of war. (I favor Samsung, of course).

daygall

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
[citation][nom]opmopadop[/nom]I still dont understand why Apple sues Samsung (HTC... Not sure of any more) and not Google. Please Explain?[/citation]
because google has enough power and influence to be able to in legalieze say *STFU AND GTFO* basically

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]au_equus[/nom]no, but their consumers pay for the lawyers.[/citation]
Apple have their own in-house team of lawyers. In fact I believe these leaches have their own building on the apple campus.
[citation][nom]opmopadop[/nom]I still dont understand why Apple sues Samsung (HTC... Not sure of any more) and not Google. Please Explain?[/citation]
Google would fight back and has a huge warchest, thats why. Apple would NEVER attack someone that could adequately fight back. In that way they're like the RIAA/MPAA, gutless cowards.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Daygall and Zybch,

I guess we are waiting for the heavy weight fighters to be in the same ring. Even though Samsung is no new kid in town, I cant help but feel they are ones being bullied.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Apple had to expect this
If you live by the sword, you die by the sword
Apple has invested all of its smartphone line into a single model, if Samsung wins an injunction of their own it will be devastating for Apple
If an injunction is granted expect to see Apple drop its own case and both sides back away and carry on, but not take their eyes off each other for a second

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I mean Apple fanboys are blaming Android for stealing designs and stuff from Apple even though Android has been around LONGER than iOS.[/citation]
iOS was released on 2007, when Android was released around 2008. Not saying iOS was more innovative currently though.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Let's return fire with fire because everyone knows that will solve the world's problems. Why don't Samsung and Apple just agree to not sue each other for a year or something- then everyone will be happy.

swarlz

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]iOS was released on 2007, when Android was released around 2008. Not saying iOS was more innovative currently though.[/citation]

To be fair you are both correct and incorrect, android was officially released on a phone as an OS in 2008. Android its self has been around as modding software and an open source alternative for a lot longer.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Apple did not create Siri. They purchased Siri in April 2010 - Google it. Secondly Android has had Speaktoit and Vlingo out for a very long time that works better than Siri. Instead of giving a stupid answer that Siri does if doesn't know the question, Speaktoit Google searches it for you and shows results. Also you can search Google maps with it. Try using Siri off of Wifi. It takes about 20 seconds for some results. Android has about 8 times faster internet than the iPhone.
http://gizmodo.com/5849953/iphone-4s-test-notes-data-speeds-wow-its-slow?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Samsung doesn't have a hope in hell. They already tried that in The Netherlands and the judge wouldn't allow it. Samsung tried using FRAND patents and that didn't work. Not sure why they think it'll work in Australia or Japan. Apple is winning the war so far with most decisions going their way (including another one today involving HTC).

As to why they don't go after Google, why would they? Same reason Microsoft isn't going after Google - because they don't sell anything - Android is free. So MS goes after companies and gets them to pay licensing fees instead. Big, bad Samsung even admitted that "we can't expect Google to deal with Android IP issues" (their quote, not mine) so they agreed to license IP from Microsoft.

Apple claims Android infringes their IP (so far courts are agreeing). MS says Android infringes their IP - MS is making way more money off licensing to Samsung, HTC and others than it does off it's own OS. Oracle claims Google infringes their IP. See the pattern here?

Do people actually believe these companies are all to get Google and Google has done nothing wrong? Rose colored glasses, I think. Or Google goggles if you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.