Samsung Shows Off Tegra 2-powered Galaxy R

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
"features a 1GHz Tegra 2 chipset, a 4.2-inch LCD touchscreen display, a 5-megapixel camera (720p HD video capture and 1080p full HD playback), a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video calling, 8GB of storage, and Gingerbread."

This phoone must be amazing - have display and everything but featuring a camera that can actually do playback in full HD!

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
omfg just freeking sweet i hope telus gets it,, freaking hard to get a decent phone at a decent price with a decent plan in Manitoba,, the decent plans give you crappy phones and the good phones have no gd coverage even if you pay for the service

jcaulley_74

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Don't get me wrong here, I love me Samsung Captivate and I will seriously be looking at this phone as it's replacement if it comes to AT&T. But considering the current legal state between Apple and Samsung, could they have possibly made it look any more like an iPhone? The shape, the squarish button at the bottom middle. I can see them in court, "But your honor, We put soft buttons to the left and right!". I guess we'll see how this goes.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Stuck with original Galaxy S.
Since 2.3 came out for it, no complaints from me ever again :)

Samsung sure do make amazing phones. How much does the Galaxy R actually cost compared to the SGS2?

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]jcaulley_74[/nom]Don't get me wrong here, I love me Samsung Captivate and I will seriously be looking at this phone as it's replacement if it comes to AT&T. But considering the current legal state between Apple and Samsung, could they have possibly made it look any more like an iPhone? The shape, the squarish button at the bottom middle. I can see them in court, "But your honor, We put soft buttons to the left and right!". I guess we'll see how this goes.[/citation]
It's an excellent way to show how baseless and stupid Apple's lawsuit is. Apple thinks they have exclusive rights to both tablet (slate) computers, high quality stylish smartphones and high quality operating systems that rival their own. Of course, Apple is wrong and any judge that agrees with them are total morons. Every Android device Samsung has ever made is a totally original product that Samsung invented. Every version of TouchWiz was also 100% invented by Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.