Samsung to Build Google Smart TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Meh, if the TV companies keep on blocking devices like these TVs from accessing the on-line editions of their shows this is going to be as successful as the previous google TV devices.

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
[citation][nom]goodnewsforall[/nom]google+samsung=apple killer[/citation]
As much as I hate Apple, that's not gonna happen.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]Htpc + flatscreen > google/apple tv?[/citation]

YOu know apple is going to do it really well with their tvs, create some huge marketing buzz, and it's going to be the next "it" item. I hate apple but I say this when it comes to retail marketing there is no better company in business.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]tanjo[/nom]As much as I hate Apple, that's not gonna happen.[/citation]

Yup, I don't see any company with apples marketing magic out there. MS could do it, but they don't have the retail thing quite down yet, they need to partner with say a fashion house or ferrari or something to get the know how in that arena and understand what's outside is as important as what's inside, actually what's outside is more important, no body does it better than apple on this front.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]MS could do it, but they don't have the retail thing quite down yet, they need to partner with say a fashion house or ferrari or something to get the know how in that arena and understand what's outside is as important as what's inside, actually what's outside is more important, no body does it better than apple on this front.[/citation]With what? WebTV/MSN TV? When was the last time anyone saw one of those? It's another M$ cost center waiting to liquidated.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]With what? WebTV/MSN TV? When was the last time anyone saw one of those? It's another M$ cost center waiting to liquidated.[/citation]

I mean from company size standpoint, they have the industry weight to pull it off.

TomsSound

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
Logitech is not a powerhouse in the TV realm... but Samsung is a goliath.
With Samsung backing the GoogleTV experience... I'm willing to bet it will actually be purchased and become popular. Even by accident... since alot of people don't even know how smart their tv's are when they buy them.

G

hey guys. I work in a call centre doing tech support for samsung's AV products in the UK market.
I was speaking with one of the product developers today, and according to him they already have a working version of this in testing. It will be part of the E series launching next year, expect it to be part of SmartHub. SmartHub might be rebranded also.

I think Mheg support will be available in some models, This was previously only available in the D7000 and 8000 in certain regional models, eg Germany.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
If the "googletv" crap was priced half-way reasonable, it would have a considerably better change of "taking off"....instead, it's all overpriced and, for the most part, doesn't work.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]With what? WebTV/MSN TV? When was the last time anyone saw one of those? It's another M$ cost center waiting to liquidated.[/citation]

MS still plays the game. ever heard of mediaroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.