Samsung UN65JS8500F Commercial Version?

JCWrs

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
During the Black Friday/Cyber Monday madness, the tv I've been interested in (Samsung UN65JS8500) finally dipped below $2000 so I pulled the trigger. Since Amazon didn't have any directly (they had a few vendors with the <$2000 price) I decided to google and found magnoliatvs.com had it for $1799! Great. So, I ordered it. I got an email today that they needed me to call and verify the order. No problem. I called them up and was told that the tv I had ordered was the commercial version and wouldn't have any of the apps that a normal smart tv would have. They then offered to sell me the residential version instead (at a higher price, of course). I was disappointed and didn't know what to do so I cancelled the order.

Now, I'm trying to figure out what this commercial version means and what I really would be missing. It appears the UN65JS8500F is the commercial version vs the FSXA that is the residential. Does anyone know, really, what the differences are? Of course, all the residential versions went back up to $2999 before I found all this out. Any other tvs I should be looking at given that I watch mostly sports and prefer the best picture I can get (short of an OLED, I don't have that kind of cash!)? Thanks in advance.

A commercial set is usually designed for long periods continuous use. Might not have some features that would be unused for a pro display. Might be better calibrated out of the box too, Lack of smart features can be taken care of with a Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, or connecting a laptop. I would have gone for it myself.
On the good side the LG OLED sets have dropped in price and Panasonic will be coming out with their OLEDs next year.