Samsung Unveils Galaxy Tab, Talks Android 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

haramir

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Perhaps it's just me, but is the tablet *supposed* to have a shortcut to a "phone" application on it? I suppose it could be some form of VoIP.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
The company didn't reveal pricing or a North American release, however previous leaks indicated that the tablet is heading to Verizon Wireless.
Oh come on, are we going to have to start buying PCs and cars and coffee makers from AT&T and Verizon in the future? This is a tablet, why don't they just release the thing to retailers and let the damn people decide, oh right, because the collusion between gadget makers and cellular providers is the biggest racket since the Railroad Barons over a hundred years ago.

madeux

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
I like it a lot... I'm wondering if 7" is the perfect size. Just small enough to fit in my back pocket and take with me everywhere. Any bigger and I might as well have a laptop as far as I'm concerned.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Just what i wanted! except the price will most likely keep me at bay, because if it's anywhere near or more expensive then the Galaxy S then im screwed.. (Galaxy s is $960AUSD here)

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
And... with flash support just like the iPad... oops!! Forgot.. Apple hates flash and doesn't give their customers the choice of having it or not. Because, the best business decision is to make them for your customers.

In all seriousness, I'm still not sold on Tablets PCs, content with my phone and desktop. But DivX support does sound awesome!

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Imagine making a call with this held up to your head, the same size as a shoebox.[/citation]
People using this device for phone/google voice/google talk/skype would probably end up using a Bluetooth headset, but even then, that's just another device to pay for/lose/have to charge.

I want to try it. I want to run some of the better FPS's on Android with that 7" screen. I've played a few shooters on 3.7" screens and they are just begging for more real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.