samsung wireless internet

PatMcD

Estimable
May 29, 2015
I have a Samsung UN46F6300. Just changed internet & cable provider to Knology/WOW. (Was with Comcast & TV connected wirelessly.) Now I can see the access point/router/modem. However when I put in security password and try to "connect to internet", it does not connect. last night, I moved the tv into room where router/modem is located and I hooked it up via a wired connection & connected and downloaded Firmware updates (as Samsung chat suggested). Initially it connected wirelessly. However, once I moved tv back to original location, it lost internet connection again. Any suggestions. I purchased the Samsung LAN adapter WIS12ABGNX but it is not recognized when I plug straight into USB port.

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
The wireless on Samsung TVs sucks. I think I have the same model as you, a 50" 6300. Consistently drops WiFi connections from one room away, a Verizon FIOS router. Moved the router to the same room as the TV and it's been fine since.

You've probably got a weak wireless signal from the TV from your new router - they don't seem to like to be far away from it.

PatMcD

Estimable
May 29, 2015

Any brand you would recommend or avoid??

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
I have used some cheap TrendNet adapters with success (actually the one on this list):

http://www.cnet.com/topics/networking/best-networking-devices/power-line-adapters/

These things seem to range in price from fairly cheap to $80-100+ for your typical network brandnames (Linksys, Netgear, D-Link, etc).