Samsung's Newest Clamshell Android Phone is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I guess this might serve as a somewhat replacement for those who aren't too fond of big display phones and rather have a physical pad than a virtual one.

yannigr

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
I am still using a clamshell as a second phone. When we are talking about PHONES and not mini computers clamshell is just perfect for the job. I do have an Android phone as a primary, but I do prefer talking to the clamshell.

I think Samsung made a mistake with the external screen. There was no real reason to make it 3.3''. A 1.5'' for information (who is calling, who sent that message, what time is it) would have been a better idea. They should stick to the past for the design and just add today's technology to it.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
seems interesting. a price and an international release date would determine if its worth anyones money though. this phone wouldnt be all that useful for people who normally use their phones as secondary PCs, but would definitely fit the ones who use their phones casually for calls, texts, and emails.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
'Obviously, with two screens to power, battery life is a concern'

Obviously only one screen would be active.

Why a quad processor? It is running Android and is a smart phone.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
This was the official "Jackie Chan" phone that was sold in China for around $10,000 if I recall correctly. Saw quite a few wealthy businessmen using this.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Buying a blackberry?? LOL. Haven't you heard? They are going out of business. Yes they are trying to find a buyer but honestly I wouldn't spend a dime on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.