Save $50 on Google Home and Nest Thermostat Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksmith21006

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
What I find so interesting is the endless comparisons of the Google Home and the Echo on the Web. I purchased our Echo pretty much day 1 and now had it over 2 years. We now have several Google Homes.

The Echo is a computer device that has a voice recognition interface. So it has commands that you memorize and then issue with your voice.

For music it has a command if do not know artist or song name of "song goes like". So switch account you have a command to switch. To secure things there is a passcode that you use. All typical computer things.

The Google Home (GH) is the most human like technology I have used. It also has the voice recognition but then it has another step where it tries to actually understand what you want. So in some cases better than a human and then in others not as good as a human.

So the GH does NOT have commands but you talk to it like you would to a human. Working in my daughters room on a DIY project and she is talking about Sheeran performance at the Grammys. When she just says "hey google play sheeran grammy" and Ed Sheeran playing at the 2017 Grammys starts playing.

But no command to memorize and when daughter received and plugged in was able to use instantly without any book or a single thing to memorize.

The GH, like a human, just knows one voice from another. So the GH in the kitchen and I ask for a song it uses my YouTube Red account but if my kid does it they get their Spotify account. Nothing manual to do and just like a human just knows one voice from another. This is an example better than humans.

I have two kids whose voice I mix me up if I do not see them and the GH knows the difference without any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.