Scammed pop up

Apr 11, 2018
Got Microsoft Pop up on my computer. Icalled the number and gave the guy access to my computer. What do i do now ???

Solution
You should immediately shut down your computer. Once you start it up again, make sure the Internet connection or any network connection is cut off. I'd also recommend scanning your PC with an atnimalware or antivirus tool to be sure that nothing has been installed. Hopefully, the scammer did not get any of your personal or otherwise sensitive information.

mdd1963

Distinguished
Realize you were 'had', pray you gave no credit card info (call immediately and cancel/dispute the the charge if you did!), and, format /reinstall your OS just to be safe....

(You had honestly never heard that Microsoft will never give you a popup, and ask you to call their nearest Indian call center??)

Apr 12, 2018
You should immediately shut down your computer. Once you start it up again, make sure the Internet connection or any network connection is cut off. I'd also recommend scanning your PC with an atnimalware or antivirus tool to be sure that nothing has been installed. Hopefully, the scammer did not get any of your personal or otherwise sensitive information.

Solution