Sci-Fi MMORPG Arrives on Android; PC Client Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaliska

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Downloading now. I messed around with Pocket Legends for a while but never really got into it, but it was a surprisingly good game.

n0manarmy

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
It was a fun game at first, unfortunately its even more reliant on micro-transactions than its predecessor, pocket legends. This is going to be a dark age of the gaming industry when companies release games that almost force you to pay micro-transactions in order to play. I'd rather pay a one time fee for a game then worry about how much I will need to spend in order to enjoy it.

inerax

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
[citation][nom]n0manarmy[/nom]It was a fun game at first, unfortunately its even more reliant on micro-transactions than its predecessor, pocket legends. This is going to be a dark age of the gaming industry when companies release games that almost force you to pay micro-transactions in order to play. I'd rather pay a one time fee for a game then worry about how much I will need to spend in order to enjoy it.+1 on the micro tran[/citation]

+1 on the micro transactions. I hate them.... i would rather pay a flat monthly fee (WoW) than worry about small $$ every week or so.

They should do a free trial. like 2 weeks. then charge $9.99 for the game to keep going.

If it was a good game i would pay $10 for it.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]dillonpeterliam[/nom]I like to see these little innovations on the mobiles, just goes to show what there capable of.[/citation]
No. It's here now. It is not just capable there. I myself am interested in what they're capable of.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]inerax[/nom]+1 on the micro transactions. I hate them.... i would rather pay a flat monthly fee (WoW) than worry about small $$ every week or so.They should do a free trial. like 2 weeks. then charge $9.99 for the game to keep going.If it was a good game i would pay $10 for it.[/citation]
I have no problem with having micro transactions for people to buy things in game as long as they are achievable (in a reasonable amount of time) without paying.

That being said, I'd rather they took the path you mentioned and have a time limited demo and then you have to buy the game. Then have some additional pay (monthly) areas and some custom items (that are no better than standard items, just look different) that people can buy. That would probably be the best way to make a game that can make some money, remain cheap enough that people will actually buy it, and not force players to drop large quantities of $ to compete.

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
[citation][nom]n0manarmy[/nom]I'd rather pay a one time fee for a game then worry about how much I will need to spend in order to enjoy it.[/citation]

Couldn't agree with you more

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]n0manarmy[/nom]I'd rather pay a one time fee for a game then worry about how much I will need to spend in order to enjoy it.[/citation]
I'd rather spend for the amount of a game I enjoy than need to worry about paying a one time fee in order to try any of it.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Since he mentioned PSO:

PSO 2 is well underway, and so far from what I've seen of the Japan-only Alpha, it looks great. The combat has been heavily revamped even compared to the latest PSP PS titles. So for those who are PSO fans (I remember playing for hours on end online on my Dreamcast), you should keep an eye out for it. It's slated to be PC-only at this point, and seems to have pretty good support for KB+mouse as well as USB controllers (testers report that the wired 360 controller works quite well, for example). Not everything is implemented, but what they have so far seems to work quite well.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
For intial guess of what it might of been i went with Star Trek, and got Star Legends.

But probably seems more placed for the interest maybe?

Loks interesting and say developing for what might have any say interest of use with one.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
I'm not that into being nickel and dime'd(sp?) by an MMO. It does appear to have better graphics than WoW though, not that that's hard to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.