Scientists Have Created a Working Biofuel Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]jiyung[/nom]What has science done?[/citation]
Science isn't a 'thing that can autonomously do things'. It is a system, one that people use to logically test ideas and allow us to efficiently learn using hard data...

What have scientists done? Made a bio-battery that will help people with pace-makers and artificial hearts, and evil borg-like cybernetic organisms, hell-bent on galactic domination...

grafxfx

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
I want my cybernetic arms (that can lift a car) and cybernetic legs (that run 100mph) and one eye (telescopic, microwave and FLIR vision)!!!! I'm Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man (60 mil adjusted for inflation).

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]grafxfx[/nom]I want my cybernetic arms (that can lift a car) and cybernetic legs (that run 100mph) and one eye (telescopic, microwave and FLIR vision)!!!! I'm Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man (60 mil adjusted for inflation).[/citation]
Dude, that sucker was Nuclear-powered (BTTF reference and 6M$ reference, all in one! Geek Joy!)

In seriousness, I don't see how a machine using electric pull from chemical energy can be any more efficient at things like mechanical energy advantage than the real thing... Not unless it was simplified to do fewer tasks, without or with limited self repair abilities...

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
The Matrix idea about humans as batteries is very stupid. Such battery would be highly inefficient. While the battery from the article above is a great invention. Well, I still hope that our cyborg future will be bright!

superbeast406

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
[citation][nom]hammer256[/nom]was that last bit on security team a reference to the book Machine Man?[/citation]
It was a reference to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The main character is a member of Sarif Industries security team who "has an accident" and is given bio mechanical implants by the company.

G

i cant be the only one thinking a few extra in OC and you got a human tazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS