Scratching weird Noise

Kevin Authenthic

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
I was using my laptop and everything was and is still running smoothly and out of no where zzzzz like a scratch noise out of no where and then again and again a coiuple more times every couple minutes but my computer still running the same and if its possible can my hdd from laptop work on my desktop this way i can see if that making the noise any suggestion i dont think it my fan cause the noise is not repetive but quick

Solution
If the laptop drive is Serial ATA, you can plug it right into your desktop. Otherwise, you will need an adapter. Personally, I'd use an external adapter anyways. You won't need to poke around inside the desktop if you are not comfortable doing that.

Casey

cklaubur

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
If the laptop drive is Serial ATA, you can plug it right into your desktop. Otherwise, you will need an adapter. Personally, I'd use an external adapter anyways. You won't need to poke around inside the desktop if you are not comfortable doing that.

Casey

Solution

Kevin Authenthic

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

Of course i am comfortable poking around that what i do but i just run into problems sometimes that need help solving but if it continues i will do that plug it right into my desktop