screen freezes while i'm making call

Worrall

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
The screen goes off whilst i'm making a call,and isn't responsive to movement and therefore I can't end a call etc as I can't touch any buttons. It usually returns again when the person I'm on the phone to ends the call.

Very annoying when I'm ringing voicemail to check messages as I have to wait for the voicemail to go though all the options 3 times before ending!

I have a samsung galaxy s3

Please help?

mazout360

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
That's likely a problem with the light sensor. Make sure that there's nothing obstructing it.
A quick workaround for this would be to go to Settings -> Call Settings and there's an option here to keep the screen on during calls. Also, depending on your android version, there's usually an option in Settings -> Accessibility to disable the power button ending calls function and you could use it to turn your screen on whenever you want.

Worrall

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

Worrall

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Thank you for your reply. It seemed from your suggestion and als oother enquiries elsewhere, the screen protector covering the light sensor was slightly dirty. To resolve the problem i nicked the screen protector with scissors around the light sensor so that its not actually protected any longer and hey presto! phone working perfectly.

A simple solution to pass on!