Screen is black

Ann_7_

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
I have an Acer Aspire E15 Start ES1-512-C965. I bought it in March 2015. In February 2016, the screen started to show only black when turned on. Have to push on button and hold to get it to turn off. It came on once, did a system check, said it repaired it and went on to upgrade the system. Now I only get a black screen when I push the power button. I can hear the fan running but that's all it will do. Have to hold the power button down to turn it off. Need help finding out how to fix this.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still load into a black screen, try connecting an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's still not display on the external display that could only mean that the problem is the motherboard.
- But if you'll get a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display. Try to open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard if it's seated properly. Disconnect both ends of the cable then plug it back in just to make sure everything is seated properly and if it will still not work you'll need to replace the screen.
- If there's still no display on the external monitor proceed with reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If all these will not work the problem is the motherboard. If the laptop is still under the factory warranty do contact ACER for a repair.