Solved! Screen issue flickers colos same as background colors ...

Sep 8, 2019
Hello
I am facing a major problem that no tech was able to fix till now i tried everything nothing works my laptop screen flickers horizontal colored lines fron the background colors and sometimes vertically
That happens every now and then not always and it keeps doing that i have to close it
It also sometimes happens when i log in after sleep

I have a dell inspiron 5999 i7 2 tb 16 ram and 4 gb i think amd screen graphic card

I have just changed the screen a month ago bec it suddenly broke from the inside and started turning on and off while am using it

And i also changed charger bec they said it the reason why it flickers now those colors and it worked fine for few days and now it flickered again while i log in from sleep mode
I dont put my laptop on my leg always on a table and i have it in charger most of the time
It updated so everything is up to date
I have mcfee antivirus and its working fine
It has lots of space left more than 1 tp

I use architectural programmes but not too much but the screen didn't happen while i use em

I appreciate the help answering my question in advance
But i really have no idea what to do ..:(

Solution
Try starting up the laptop in "Safe Mode". That mode uses the integrated graphics rather than any other GPU. If it works fine in "Safe Mode" then you need to try updating your driver first (that may resolve it) and if not, then look at having the GPU replaced.

Now if it happens in "Safe Mode" as well, then it is either the cable that connects the display or the display itself.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
(...
Try starting up the laptop in "Safe Mode". That mode uses the integrated graphics rather than any other GPU. If it works fine in "Safe Mode" then you need to try updating your driver first (that may resolve it) and if not, then look at having the GPU replaced.

Now if it happens in "Safe Mode" as well, then it is either the cable that connects the display or the display itself.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

----------------------------------------------------

You can also try connecting to an external monitor to see if you get the problem there as well. If not I would try that to get a better idea if it is the display or the GPU. If it happens on the external one as well, then it is likely the GPU.

To check on an external monitor try this...
  1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
  2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
  3. Turn on the external monitor.
  4. Turn on the laptop.
NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

Solution