SD card locked

Dec 7, 2018
I have an SD card with 128GB which I usually just put movies. It used to work perfectly until I used it on my laptop which later on started giving problems. It doesn't read on my other phone but it reads on my S4 and everytime I try to format it, it asks for a password so I always try the password that I use for my phone and we get to erase everything and then it says unmounting SD card and we back to square 1. I can't delete nor add anything on it. Is there anything I can do to save it?

Solution
Go to My Computer and look for your card reader under Devices with Removable Storage, then right-click on it and click "Properties". In the pop-up box, sometimes there's an option to remove write-protection. Change the status of this option and try again.
Also, scan your SD Card for viruses. Malware applications set up their own control over your files and won’t let you overwrite them.
Dec 6, 2018
Go to My Computer and look for your card reader under Devices with Removable Storage, then right-click on it and click "Properties". In the pop-up box, sometimes there's an option to remove write-protection. Change the status of this option and try again.
Also, scan your SD Card for viruses. Malware applications set up their own control over your files and won’t let you overwrite them.

Solution