Solved! SD Card

Tookays

Estimable
Jun 1, 2019
The pictures taken on my Galaxy tab 4 10.1" tablet, model SM T535, are not stored on the micro SD card I've inserted.
They go to "Device storage" > "Pictures" > "My documents."
I'd like to know how to change this.

Solution
It is normal for the images to be saved to the "internal" storage, as that is what comes with the device. Just inserting a SD card doesn't change where things are saved. That has to be done within the individual apps that you are using.

The following should work to change where your photos are saved. Try this...

1. On the home screen tap "Apps" and then tap "Camera".
  2. Next you want to tap "Settings". It should be on the lower left.
  3. In here you now want to scroll down to "Storage" or "Storage Location".
  4. Tap that and then tap to select the "Memory Card" or "SD card" as your chosen storage for the photos taken.

NOTE: This will not change where the ones you already have taken are, you would have to move them to place...
It is normal for the images to be saved to the "internal" storage, as that is what comes with the device. Just inserting a SD card doesn't change where things are saved. That has to be done within the individual apps that you are using.

The following should work to change where your photos are saved. Try this...

1. On the home screen tap "Apps" and then tap "Camera".
  2. Next you want to tap "Settings". It should be on the lower left.
  3. In here you now want to scroll down to "Storage" or "Storage Location".
  4. Tap that and then tap to select the "Memory Card" or "SD card" as your chosen storage for the photos taken.

NOTE: This will not change where the ones you already have taken are, you would have to move them to place them on the card. It will also not effect any other apps you use to take or alter photos. Only the devices initial "Camera" app.

Solution

Tookays

Estimable
Jun 1, 2019
Thank you Titan for your very quick response to my query.
I now have the pictures I take on my SD card, thanks to you.
As a new member I don't know the protocol yet as to whether I can ask another question of you, so I will post another thread.
Tookays