Searching for a laptop for college that can also handle gaming

Aug 13, 2019
Hi! I'm looking for a laptop that i can use in college but i can also game on and i'd love some help! I don't want to spend more money for something that isn't a necessity to me

I'd like to keep the price point at or under $1400. Id like the screen to be 15.6 inches or less. I'd like dedicated graphics card but none of the higher tier ones as i think that'd be overkill for my needs. It would be nice to have a screen that can get higher than 60 fps on games. Battery wise i'd like to have at least 5 hours full charge of just doing regular browsing and note taking. I don't want it to be too heavy but i'm fine with anything around 5 pounds or less. A backlit keyboard is important. I'd rather stay away from any gamer aesthetic or red backlighting on keyboard. Overall strong/ reliable build would be nice. I'd like the laptop to get me through college and maybe longer.

The types of games ill be playing are Rainbow 6 siege, Rocket League, FarCry 3, Minecraft, and Team Fortress 2. I usually play for a 4-5 at a time (plugged in) every few days with friends. I'd like for it to stay cool enough to not throttle while i'm playing these games, In terms of settings i'd like to play on high on games like Rainbow 6, although id be willing to play on medium settings.

I like to record gameplay on OBS Studio and i will be using LiteWorks for light video editing. I'll want to be able to use Ableton Live Lite and other music production softwares.

Along with gaming i'll be doing pretty light stuff like typing out papers, browsing, etc.

Thanks for any help you can give me!