Sears and Kmart Busted for Using Spyware

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
they have flagging power in a flagging economy, so its not surprising for them to try something so desperate and absolutely retarded as spyware, any tool with norton and google can find out about spyware and report it.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Regected[/nom]Just who do you think is the largest exporter of US money?[/citation]

I'd say it's a tie between the federal government and buying foreign oil.

I've worked at a sears store for five years. What many of you fail to understand is that all employees without a manager's position are actually decent people. Though, this depends on your region. The managers aren't bad either. They are just pressed by chicago.

The real problem is the upper level management. Sears intentionally went bankrupt and let kmart buy them since the two ceos were in contact. This was all to combat walmart's expansion. However, sears sticks to any one of its 3 strategies.. all of them screw customers and employees alike. We even had meetings on: How us employees who had our pay/benefits/retirement/commission cut by over half can fix the company for the management.

The problem is, we need competition for walmart. I agree that the ceos should get hit bigtime though.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Well I still shop at sears on occasion but their products are very, very sub-par. I have some shirts from there that are kind of oddly fitting and ALL of their levi products are made in Mexico and Canada now (I mean, not that other stores have very many made in the USA levi products as that company has outsourced it for a while now). I just go in and buy a few things but lately usually for work. Sears is more like a thrift store these days with the types of stuff they carry.

But spyware? no big deal I mean I expected over the years that companies probably use cookies to track what I am shopping for. That really doesn't bother me at all. I mean that isn't as bad as stealing credit cards or bank account information. If they want to see how I don't buy very many things then so be it.

jamesgw001

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
In my opinion, this is only another fine example of the corporate greed machine destroying and subverting the confidence and security of the masses of unknowing victims. I hope that the guilty parties are made an example of by being prosecuted to the fullest extent and made to pay for advanced identity protection for all that were effected for the rest of their lives. The part that concerns me is that the company that collected the info, is still doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.