Second Bill and Jerry Commercial Three Times as Long and Thankfully, Three Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I thought it was funny when Bill was reading the bedtime story about inheritance and polymorphism; although it's probably the nerdiest joke I ever heard.

G

Are people missing the boat on this? Seinfeld is a show "about nothing". The commercials are "about nothing". But it's enough to get people to talk about Microsoft.

G

Maybe this is a way for Bill Gates to make a few more bucks now that he's retired (or at least demoted himself)... Needed a few million m more to buy some small country.

G

Seinfeld hasn't been funny in many years, give the "about nothing" a rest and let it die, along with microsoft. There marketing team must be full of old seinfeld dweebs.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Not only did I not find it funny but I also find it odd that such a wealthy and powerful corporation can't even advertise itself better than a Sunny Delight commercial. I don't like the Mac commericals either but they are better than this garbage.

G

You gays are seriously uptight and 100% missing the point of these commercials if you claim they are "about nothing." I can listen to your arguments about how they might not be funny because that is a personal opinion but the subject of the commercial and the message passed is very real and relevant to the goal of the "mini-series." The first of which is to get people to talk about Microsoft and show Bill Gates to be a normal every day kind of person who isn't out of touch.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Way to go Microsoft. If you really are making "Frog with an email, goldfish with a website, amoeba with a blog…" behind closed doors, then the neurotransmitters in your brain are not connecting.

Despite Steve Jobs being perhaps even more of a tool than Gates in the sense of coolness, Apple has at least managed a seemingly nonchalant method of advertising, though probably millions were spent there too. Either way, to me at least, Apple's commercials comes accross more seamlessly than this very contrived attempt at a "mee too" catch-up session.

That being said, I am by no means an Apple fanboy, though in this particular instance, it does seem like Microsoft has completely dropped the ball. It just seems like they are trying way...way too hard on this one.

Come on Microsoft...is this all you geniuses could come up with? =|

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
You guys are oblivious.

Its simple, they're making a load of commercials, with something that doesn't make sense to us at first, but then the last commercial will relay back to the other # of commercials

to prove a point.

first one was about shoes, and how they fit, this one was about connecting with people, there is a hidden point in which will connect with the other tons of points that will make us go "Ohhhhhhhhhh" in the end.

kiwijoe

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I haven't seen either of the commercials air in their entirety. In both cases here is the only place I've seen them complete. Over the air they've been shortened into something even less understandable. This one is more entertaining but if you have an ad the doesn't fit into a normal broadcast timeslot how much play time is the complete ad going to get?

I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.