Second UK iPhone Ad Banned by Advertising Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
*capable* Also it's funny that their defense is that most people would know the "speeds depend on a number of different factors, as is the case with all mobile phones."

Well the same thing can be said with the Vista capable slogan if people did some research for once in their life. Also most people would NOT know that. I mean if they don't know what Vista Capable really means. How would know exactly what factors play in for determining the speed of a mobile phone?

G

19 people whined about an ad... so they can't show it on a WHOLE continent? That's FEE'd up!

I thought it was bad here, where a few 100 people could do that... but 19?!? That's sick!

G

not quite 'a continent' more an island of around 60-70 million. So 20 people over here is about the same proportion as 100 in the States.
Personally I would ban all apple ad's on public health grounds, their level of smugness makes me want to hurt things ...

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]rocky1234[/nom]while they are at it get rid of those BS & misleading AD's for the "I'm a PC" those are totally misleading & full of BS.[/citation]

I'd love to meet John Hodgman so I can give him a punch in the Stomach.

Macs are Personal Computers, and even if you exclude Macs, you don't have to be running Windows. Not to mention the amount of shit they spew. Everytime I speak to someone about a Mac, I feel like am I'm arguing with an Advertising campaign, as they usually spew nonsensical jargon and marketing phrases. We really need to abolish them.

skittle

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]...I'd love to meet John Hodgman so I can give him a punch in the Stomach....[/citation]

It can be a tag team... just as long as I get to punch Justin Long in the throat.

kman7607

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
I think that Apple fails to make it clear that their computers are not geared towards a "power user". Their "I'm a PC" campaign does not hold up so well against someone who needs more performance. I am sorry but a smooth OS is not going to make up for processing power. I am not angry at them for this but it still bothers me that they are so vague in their advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.