Security

chris2

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
free anti virus that can be uninstalled easy isnt intensive doesn't need alot of resources and is reliable

Finaria

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Hello!

I use Windows Security Essential and i haven't got any problems. I don't know why so many people don't like it. For a simple users it's enough. It don't use any resources. Of course you need the Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall with it.

I't s my opinion.

Best wishes, Finaria

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Personally I prefer microsofts security essentials and I pair it up windows firewall as well as a paid version of malwarebytes anti-malware as another layer of security. Works quite well in my opinion. Though the last one isn't required but $20 for a lifetime subscription for it isn't too shabby.

My general viewpoint for other people computers is MSE + Windows Firewall and keep the computer up to date and set MSE to scan at regular intervals. Make it do everything in the background. So they can't ever not update something without going out of their way or let a subscription expire. And it will solve most problems since it just works. (I do the same for mine, but threw in MBAM as it's pretty low maintenace)