See Demo of iPhone 3G Unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Apple could have made a TON of money if they just charged more and sold an unlocked version themselfs to the world market. Middle-men are making lots of cash selling unlocked versions. I don't know why Apple is so stubborn.
I personally won't buy an iPhone while better phones already exist (Samsung g810, Nokia n96, etc) and its successors will be better in every way with the Symbian S60 5th Edition/ PPC high-res touch screen and QWERTY keyboard. You can legally buy unlocked versions as well.
2 cents worth.

G

Does the internet work normally on the TMOBILE edge network?

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Ill stick with my storm. Though this phone exclusive on one network thing is getting old.

I had t mobile for 5 years i dont think anything really worked normaly on it :/ when i was home of course everywhere else it worked fine aside dropping calls more times then i could count everyday. But i always had service if i wasnt within 100 feet of my house no matter where i lived.

But then again T mobile was the only network given the credit to make even AT&T look good.

jtsx1

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
This unlock program is almost worthless unless you are traveling overseas or are stuck in a contract with TMobile in which it may be worth it to pay and break it. Iguess this is good for the hacker type, but Tmobile isn't. Jailbreaking is more worth your while...ATT does have its issues, but there are several pluses.

G

I called my network provider and they unlocked my iphone no questions asked.
When i updated firmware to 2.2.1 a "congratulations you have unlocked your iphone" message appeared 4 days after calling provider.
In australia they are not bound to keep it locked to one network.

Status
Not open for further replies.