Seeking for an advice over buying laptop

rimasr

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
1. What is your budget? 750 dollars (inc. taxes) (same as 2000 Litas with taxes included), can't afford more.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15+ inch.

3. What screen resolution do you want? minimum of HD(720p)

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable

5. How much battery life do you need? To withstand 3-4 hours of basic stuff (word, excel, web)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? ~Medium, League of Legends, World of Tanks, few new games on low/med

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.): Coding, abit of moddeling

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB-1TB, low storage space is not a problem for me.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. http://www.skytech.lt , http://www.kilobaitas.lt , http://www.fortakas.lt (I dont know if someone will understand these sites, but "Nešiojami komputeriai" is "laptops")

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? For 4 years minimum

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD or none.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't have any opinion on brands what so ever, never had a laptop in my life.

13. What country do you live in? Lithuania

The laptop will be used as a study, gaming and coding companion.

Everybody, thank you for kind anwsers (if there will be one).

Ok, so I'm not sure how to help you here. It doesn't look like Amazon, Newegg, TigerDirect or any of the big retailers do any business or ship to Lithuania. If you can tell me what the popular online retailers that would be available to you are I could give you some solid recommendations. If you are able to receive shipping from a nearby country and can pay shipping let me know that as well. I'll be glad to help you but honestly you're in a difficult country for technology it seems.

rimasr

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Hey darkbreeze, thanks for the anwser.
I could buy from amazon.co.uk or ebay.co.uk, but the point is, warranty is pretty complicated throughout these companies - If something's wrong, I have to send laptop back to manufacturer or retailer, after a week or two, they send me back. The point is about the sending the package back and forth - I'm not sure I can trust that; never done it. Ok, lets say UK versions of amazon and ebay are OK, what could you recommend me then?

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014
I don't know any Lithuanian, but from the sites you linked this seems to be a decent option for the price range: http://www.skytech.lt/r510lbxx141h-asus-r510lc156-led-nonglare-i54200u4gb750gbgt740-2gbdvdsmwin-64bit-p-192714.html.

You will probably want something with a dedicated graphics card, such as the 740M in that laptop.

With League of Legends and World of Tanks you can actually play on low settings with integrated graphics if you want. That choice would be up to you, but it might allow you to get more processor power or more RAM if other functions are more important to you than gaming. If you want to play games that have better graphics you will probably need a dedicated graphics card, though. And I think for modelling the graphics card will also help.

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014

Yes, I believe the graphics cards in the two systems are similar enough and the i7-4700mq definitely outperforms the i5-4200U. I believe that site says the laptop you linked runs DOS, though. Not sure if you have your own operating system to install.

rimasr

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
I have found same HP Beats Edition in local e-store. I'm worried about Radeon HD 8510G GPU. Is it dedicated or integrated like Intel HD? And what about touchscreen? Worth considering with or without it? And yeah, I have Windows 8.1.

Ok, I'm down to two options to choose: HP Beats Special Edition (G7V76EA) and Lenovo G510 (59-406666).

It's integrated. All A series APU's have integrated graphics. I'm not positive, but you might be able to add dedicated graphics.

According to AMD, the performance should be similar to the HD 7660G (3DMark 11: P1100). Thus, the Radeon HD 8510G would place on the same level as the dedicated HD 6550M or NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M.

It's not going to have great benchmarks as compared to a dedicated card, but the again it's a laptop, it's hundreds of dollars less than models that have one and if you're not looking to play to most recent games at demanding levels of performance it should be ok. There are of course better options but they cost more.