Seiki Selling 50-inch Ultra HDTV for $1500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait for 8K TV's. I'm betting on 8K being the widely used Ultra HD standard when it becomes common place. Just like most content is 1080 rather than 720. I just can't wait until I can have 150" 8K TV for an affordable price. Negating the need to go to a movie theater.

hero1

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Now this will make for a good monitor. Imagine pushing the thing with 2-3 Titans or dual GTX 690. One can only dream. I would however pull the trigger for similar price if they have one at 35" as 50" is too big of a screen sitting 2-4 feet away!

ikaz

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
They [seki] actually already have a ultra HD it was on slickdeals a few days/weeks back the problem is they don't mention at 3840x2160 the tv would run at 30hz which I guess maybe find for most movies but I don't think it had an up scaler either.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
I had never heard of this brand until I was at the Angels game on Saturday and they were advertising it pretty heavily. But that resolution for that price can't be beat.

hannibal

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Good! Competition in 4K allready! That is really nice! Now other manufacturer allso have to reduce their price! May not this low, but this is good start!

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
The only way that this will push the prices down for the competition is if the quality on this is high. Given this is Seiki, I highly doubt quality will be good, and I think it is more likely that this set will be a buyer beware set. IMHO, Seiki is trying to take advantage of the uninformed consumer with this - i.e., the person who has heard of 4K and that it is supposed to be better, yet has no clue what 4K means.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I'm wondering if there is a native resolution issue with these. Say I run it at 1080P (since most content runs at this), would it look blurry?

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I'm wondering if there is a native resolution issue with these. Say I run it at 1080P (since most content runs at this), would it look blurry?

the_brute

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
For all the tvs we take back at my store, i have become a HUGE fan of Seiki. Most sold tv at our store and Ive only taken back 3 that actually had a problem. Less than 1%. On the other hand Panasonic we get almost 1/3 of all tvs back with (xy) driver issues. I hope they can continue this trend, even with this high end product, and not cut corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.