Sennheiser Game One Audio Problem

mainshadow

Prominent
May 27, 2017
Hey, I just got the Sennheiser Game One and I am using it with the Fiio E10K Amp/Dac and when I pump the volume up a little there is some weird distortion on the right cup when there is bass. I tried it with SoundBlaster Sound Card too and it did the same thing,I even tried my friend's Game One and it did the same thing. Is there a solution to this problem or is it just the headphones?

Solution
could be defective. while i do not think it is common, i've heard of it happening on the hd5xx lineup of headphones which the game one is based on

might be something loose rattling around inside possibly. sometimes a screw that isnt tight might cause rattling/vibration.

mainshadow

Prominent
May 27, 2017

Yes I tried it on his pc and it was the same.
Even when running the amp on low gain there is still distortion when there is some bass.
It doesn't happen at loud levels only, it also happens at medium levels when there is some bass.
I saw some posts saying that there might a hair so I opened the cup it was really clean and I just got it 2 days ago.

could be defective. while i do not think it is common, i've heard of it happening on the hd5xx lineup of headphones which the game one is based on

might be something loose rattling around inside possibly. sometimes a screw that isnt tight might cause rattling/vibration.

Solution