Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones Issue

Mar 3, 2018
Hey, so I am new to this website and not really sure what to do in terms of posting, but here is my problem and I would be much appreciative if you could help me out.

So a couple of months ago, say 5, I purchased Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones so I could record, edit, mix, etc. music. They were great out of the box and everything was fine. However, maybe about a week ago I noticed that they sounded very flat where bass was very low and the overall volume was low, even though the volume on the devices the headphones were plugged into, was constant. I have tested the headphones on multiple devices ranging from a phone, laptops, desktops, even an old school iPod, and they still sound flat-ish. I then compared them to a pair of earbuds I got off of amazon (Panasonic or something) and those sound much clearer and crisp, as opposed to the harsh and dull sound of the HD 280 Pros. I use this thing called a ME-80 Guitar Effects pedal board to record electric guitar and I remember I had raised the volume quite loud, by accident, to where the sound was piercing. I am not sure if this was the direct incident but I do not recall the headphones sounding bad before this. Is it possible that I may have blown out, to a certain degree, something with the headphones? I am not a audiophile and do not really know or understand much about the technological side of headphones, but more of a casual when it comes to the physical aspects of headphones. Thank you for your help.

Solution
it is possible you have a bad solder point in the headset which could cause these issues, since they have a 2 year warranty I would submit for an RMA. If they were over 2 years old there are a few disassembly vids out there to check out, but not worth it if they are still so new.
it is possible you have a bad solder point in the headset which could cause these issues, since they have a 2 year warranty I would submit for an RMA. If they were over 2 years old there are a few disassembly vids out there to check out, but not worth it if they are still so new.

Solution
Mar 3, 2018

Wow, thank you! I'll get on that right away.