Sennheiser hd598 vs beyerdynamic dt990 pro

luis50

Commendable
May 28, 2016
I'm looking for a good headphone i have 316 euros to spend and I want to know which headphone is better for me I have a amp 600 ohm I mainly play csgo! I'm considering 2 models beyerdynamic dt990 pro or sennheiser hd598

Solution
dt990 is cheaper in europe than the hd598 and given you say you already have an amplifier (you will want an actual headphone amplifier for the dt990, not just some crap onboard soundcard that states it can handle 600ohm cans so keep that in mind here as you did not specify what you have) then the dt990 maybe the better buy but it really depends on what kind of audio signature you want.

the dt990 is more v-shaped, bassy, sharp and detailed while the hd598 is more flat, slow and mellow. both are good depending on your preferences though europe pricing on sennheisers last i checked was much higher than beyer. if you need an amp for the dt990 though that will increase the cost.
dt990 is cheaper in europe than the hd598 and given you say you already have an amplifier (you will want an actual headphone amplifier for the dt990, not just some crap onboard soundcard that states it can handle 600ohm cans so keep that in mind here as you did not specify what you have) then the dt990 maybe the better buy but it really depends on what kind of audio signature you want.

the dt990 is more v-shaped, bassy, sharp and detailed while the hd598 is more flat, slow and mellow. both are good depending on your preferences though europe pricing on sennheisers last i checked was much higher than beyer. if you need an amp for the dt990 though that will increase the cost.

Solution

luis50

Commendable
May 28, 2016
Actually I can buy sennheiser hd 598 cheaper than beyerdynamic dt990(to drive tem I have sound blaster z) my sound prederences are a good sound stage I only want this headphones to play mostly csgo

both are good headphones although the creative z is just a bit light for driving the 250ohm dt990. you could use it but you may be missing out just a bit although as long as you do not crank the volume you may be fine.

for gaming advantage the hd598 is likely a bit better due to not having as much bass (bass covers up footsteps). the dt990 will sound a bit more vivid and exciting though in case that is what you wanted.

if priced reasonably, the audiotechnica ad500x or ad700x have huge soundstages and are one of the better choices for gaming advantage though given the lack of bass may not be as enjoyable to listen to as some other headphones.

both hd598 or ad500x/700x will drive easy. the dt990 may work with the z but normally i recommend an amplifier.

luis50

Commendable
May 28, 2016
Ok so drive the headphones is not a problem I buyed one Just right now the amp arrives tommorow. I was searching and I found the HD650 I can get this one for 305 euros what do you think about them?

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-650-headphones

a bit similar to the hd598 but perhaps with a bit more bass. a bit laid back, slow and veiled and one of those love it or hate it scenarios. some may find it boring while others may like it for being that way. read some user responses on them to get an idea if you think you like what you hear.

if you're looking for an "Exciting" headphone then they arent it.

the he-400 is not a bad choice either in addition to what i've already listed.

you bought an amplifier before knowing which headphones you wanted? i hope what you picked out will be useful.