Seriously: The Virtual Happy Hour is Now Patented

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
We need to a patent reform that is fair to small business and entrepreneurs while encouraging innovation. Things like actual invention and not a piece of idea that can belong to anyone or this kind of crap.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]We need to a patent reform that is fair to small business and entrepreneurs while encouraging innovation. Things like actual invention and not a piece of idea that can belong to anyone or this kind of crap.[/citation]

The only issue? The politicians and the general public are busy bickering over social issues.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]amdfangirl[/nom]Have they patented the patent yet?[/citation]
I'm sure it's been tried. Haliburton patented patent trolling.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]amdfangirl[/nom]Have they patented the patent yet?[/citation]

yes its already been done. IBM Patent The Patent Process.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Something we should do to stop patent trolling is if a patent is given and no notable work or progress comes from it in oh say 4 years the patent should be capable of being disputed and unbiasedly examined. If the owner of the patent is shown to just be sitting on it then it becomes public domain and anyone can use it.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]The only issue? The politicians and the general public are busy bickering over social issues.[/citation]
-cough- Ruining the system, spreading corruption and screwing everyone else over.*

_TuxUser_

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
@kcorp2003:
I have to agree and I think there should be a limit on how long things can be patented, say a time line of 3 years, after that, no one can patent it. Ban patent sales too, if you don't want a patent, then it's voided as if the 3 years has already passed.

Only someone which a fully working product can patent it, and if something is to simple, like a discount during a specific time period, then it's not possible to get a patent. Patenting something that someone else has already done should be criminalized.

Patent can't include derivation of mathematics or someone else genes.

That would make things so much easier and products should get cheaper as there will not be need of that many lawyers, maybe up to 40% cheaper products and companies who can't get profit within 3 years of a patented product, then they haven't had a good idea and it's not worth to protect with a patent any longer.

xophaser

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
total BS,
There are many thing that are like this, so how do you draw a line. Amazon has lighting deals, while not exactly the same is a time limited deal. Common business practice should not be patient, they need to reject half of these patents, since the only people that ever make any money are lawyers and people who sit around and patent concepts. They never intend to build or use. In the end it cost the consumer money, since companies that gets sue will extend the cost to the consumers. I believe in patients, but half of these are a joke. If a patents doesn't effect your business lost then you can sue for nothing. If you don't build or use a patent in your business then you can't sue for loss.

I would agree with many here for a patent reform.

MrMakapuu

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
my patent is pending for us to live... MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MHUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
[citation][nom]mrmakapuu[/nom]my patent is pending for us to live... MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAMHUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!![/citation]
That was so epic that my web browser put in a scroll bar for your comment.

G

I want to patent selling. I think noone has ever done that. What are my chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.