Solved! Setting up a DVD player to a tv

Feb 9, 2019
I’m trying to set up a pretty old DVD player to my fairly recent RCA tv. I have gotten it to work before with good picture but can’t quite remember how. I have my rca cables plugged into the DVD player and then the other side plugged into the tv. The volume is perfect and I have picture but it’s very grainy and gray. Am I missing something to plug in? There’s no option for HDMI on the DVD player so I can’t use my cords. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
It would help if you can post a picture of the connections you've made.

RCA are 3 wires. red and white for audio and yellow for video.
Make sure you're not connecting the video wire to any of YPbPr inputs on the TV. which would give you image but only in one of the 3 colors.

If the connections are right the next thing to do is try switching the yellow cable in case it's damaged and is the reason for the grainy/bad image.

gsp.gr81

Prominent
Jan 31, 2019
It would help if you can post a picture of the connections you've made.

RCA are 3 wires. red and white for audio and yellow for video.
Make sure you're not connecting the video wire to any of YPbPr inputs on the TV. which would give you image but only in one of the 3 colors.

If the connections are right the next thing to do is try switching the yellow cable in case it's damaged and is the reason for the grainy/bad image.

Solution